Focal Point
[SOLVED] Access Lists under Domains

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3517038096

October 08, 2018, 10:54 AM
Rob. Brown
[SOLVED] Access Lists under Domains
Good Morning,

I'm working on a bit of housekeeping/cleanup in our 8.2.03 Report server.

Currently the access lists for the libraries is under our "ReportCaster" domain.

I'd like to break out the Folder that has the Access Lists and have it under "Domains" as its own "Parent" instead of a child as it now is.

1. Should the access lists stay under the "ReportCaster" domain?
2. If I move the Access lists folder under it's own Domain , then what am I exposing the Access lists to?
3. What is standard practice to house the access lists under "Domains"?

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03,
Webfocus 8.2.03,
Windows,
All Outputs
October 08, 2018, 11:52 AM
CoolGuy
Rob,

What are the Access List for? ReportCaster jobs? If so, I would retain them under the ReportCaster domain IF you actually use that domain for a global place of running jobs. We separate our RC jobs out by domain for the most part now. We did initially use that domain for migrating older 7.6 processes over to 8.x, but have since began creating for each domain.

If you place these Access Lists under their own domain folder, then you'd have to have the content they support in the same domain I would suspect? Each domain acts as a sandbox of sorts. Only content within parent domain folder A can see content from parent domain folder A, etc. At least, that's how it's supposed to work. You define your own "standard practices", but the above is how we do it.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.