Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Problems with MRE after upgrade from 5.2.3 to 5.2.4

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Problems with MRE after upgrade from 5.2.3 to 5.2.4
 Login/Join

<Grzegorz>
posted
Hello All,

I just upgraded to 5.2.4 (from 5.2.3), and I am observing the following:
1. On the page http://localhost/ibi_html/workbnch/mrlogon.htm I enter the 'User ID' and 'Password' and press 'Logon', or enter the following URL:
http://localhost/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_user=admin&IB...=0&IBIWF_language=en
2. Instead of the applet with MRE console I receive the following file named WFServlet:

---RETURN_TYPE_VERSION---START
---RETURN_TYPE_VERSION---END
---COMMENT---START
user.htm
---COMMENT---END
---ERROR_CODE---START
---ERROR_CODE---END

Anyone encountered similar problems ?
What can be a reason of this ?

(It looks like that self-service application and Report Caster are working well)

Thanks in Advance
Grzegorz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
my sympathies, Grzegorz! i have different problems, but did you try reinstalling the upgrade from the ibi website download? the gen build date should be dated 12.18, so they tell me. If you try ? GEN , it will tell you the gen date. oh, wait, you can't even get IN to MRE.
Well, the software is downloadable in 2 parts from the website, CSS can give you the links.
good luck.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Grzegorz>
posted
Susannah,

Thanks for the response, but because of our firewall settings, any installation from the IBI VPN sites is impossible. So I installed it from the "fully downloadable" version.
Finally I found what is going on:
WFServlet 5.2.4 does not like Polish unicode characters within the MRE domain names, and it crashes reading MRE repository. (MRE repository parser is just "too sensitive" in 5.2.4)
I am staying with 5.2.3 (at least on the customer/prospect sites), opening case and waiting for the next release.

Thanks
Grzegorz

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Grzegorz, susannah, anyone.....
How long on 5.2.3...? We are on 4.3.6 and getting ready to migrate to 5.2.3. Would you have any insight or words of wisdom for the version/migration upgrade. When I assisted with the install of 4.3.6 (a year ago) I was new to WebFocus and this will be the first version upgrade/migration I'll be responsible for. They want this done by (don't laugh) April 1, so I hope the joke isn't on me in the end. I'd appreciate any insight anyone can offer to help keep me from being the April 1st joke......... Razzer

Posts: 132 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 12, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Do you have an MRE site, with lots of domains that use the same fexes in some other domain via -INCLUDE.
If you do, DONT UPGRADE. 524 totally destroys this architecture. 522 and all prior versions work fine.
If you don't, then i recommend going straight to 524 , bypass 523, if you're running windows server. ( i don't have any experience with other servers ); First sweep your code for any variables that will make java crash; like any &vars named © or &DATE..and don't use any statement labels "-SKIPIMAGE"; There's a thread here somewhere on 'words java doesn't like';

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I'm still in the process of getting WebFocus up and running so I have relatively few -INCLUDES and those I do have are contained within the domain.

I was informed that I need to go to 5.2.3 for the install and then 5.2.4 is a service pack step.

Did you use the migration utility to copy and migrate your repository ? Can you run this multiple times ? Does it copy master files and individuals "My reports" well ?

Thanks as always for the great insight.....

Posts: 132 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 12, 2003Report This Post