Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Can WEBFOCUS mimic the Pivot calculation like EXCEL 2013

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Can WEBFOCUS mimic the Pivot calculation like EXCEL 2013
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Can WEBFOCUS mimic the Pivot calculation like EXCEL 2013 where a distinct count of multiple text values
Don’t know how to better ask this question … Here is an example

In excel I can pivot and there is an option to “add this data to a data model”
This now gives me the option of getting a distinct count on more than one column

Row Labels Distinct Count of APPLICATIONCODE Distinct Count of TEAM_NAME
Human Resources 4 8
Grand Total 4 8

example of the raw data
4 distinct apps with 8 distinct teams but note I have 9 rows … Not withstanding this is correct I have 4 distinct App codes and only 8 distinct team names

[$Range].[Line Of Business] [$Range].[APPLICATIONCODE] [$Range].[APP_NAME] [$Range].[Level2] [$Range].[LAYER_2_MGR] [$Range].[LAYER_3_MGR] [$Range].[TEAM_NAME]
Human Resources REK0 HR Tactical Application Suite HR Business Partner - CM and I&TS Pagano, Helena Melo, Lisa Human Resources - Ireland
Human Resources REK0 HR Tactical Application Suite HR Business Partner - CM and I&TS Pagano, Helena Melo, Lisa Human Resources - Luxembourg
Human Resources REK0 HR Tactical Application Suite HR Business Partner - CM and I&TS Pagano, Helena Melo, Lisa Human Resources - France
Human Resources REK0 HR Tactical Application Suite HR Business Partner - CM and I&TS Pagano, Helena Melo, Lisa Human Resources - Italy
Human Resources REK0 HR Tactical Application Suite HR Business Partner - CM and I&TS Pagano, Helena Melo, Lisa Human Resources - Belgium
Human Resources REK0 HR Tactical Application Suite HR Business Partner - CM and I&TS Pagano, Helena Melo, Lisa Human Resources - Zurich
Human Resources VNC0 WMBI - Prodiance ESM HR Business Partner - Wealth Management and Insurance Colangelo, Connie Lund, Campbell HR WM International
Human Resources XKY0 WMBI - SFPWS HR Business Partner - Wealth Management and Insurance Colangelo, Connie Lund, Campbell HR WM International
Human Resources YEQ0 POLICY & PROCEDURE HR Human Resources Scott, Per Monti, Teri Employee Relations P&CB

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
UPDATE Can I use WITHIN on an EXL2K PIVOT ?

I have found that the key word Within almost works , I do not have a pivot table but I do get the correct distinct count as a summary
Can I use WITHIN on an EXL2K PIVOT ?
The example in the documentation is
TABLE FILE SALES
SUM UNIT_SOLD AS 'UNITS'
AND PCT.UNIT_SOLD AS 'PCT,SOLD,WITHIN,TABLE'
AND PCT.UNIT_SOLD WITHIN STORE_CODE AS 'PCT,SOLD,WITHIN,STORE'
BY STORE_CODE SKIP-LINE BY PROD_CODE
END

My source code is

TABLE FILE HOLD
SUM
CNT.DST.HOLD.HOLD.APP_NAME WITHIN Level3 AS 'COUNT,DISTINCT APP_NAME At Level 1'
CNT.DST.HOLD.HOLD.APP_NAME WITHIN LAYER_2_MGR AS 'COUNT,DISTINCT APP_NAME At Layer 2'
CNT.DST.HOLD.HOLD.TEAM_NAME WITHIN LAYER_2_MGR AS 'COUNT,DISTINCT teams effected at Layer 2’
BY LOWEST HOLD.HOLD.Level3
BY LOWEST HOLD.HOLD.LAYER_2_MGR

ON HOLD.HOLD.Level3 SUBTOTAL AS '*TOTAL'
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately this is not working as expected seams I just need to get the query to run and then complete the presentation of aggregation in EXCEL

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Roy

I suggest opening a case to see if there is a way to accomplish this.

Regards

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post