Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] PDF compound reports overlapping....

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] PDF compound reports overlapping....
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

Iam using the below piece of code and am generating the 4 reports in the PDF format

SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON
*-HOLD_SOURCE
COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
UNITS=IN, $
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='prop_with_names^Margins_Left=0.5^Margins_Top=0.5^Margins_Right=0.5^Margins_Bottom=0.5^thumbnailscale=4', MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, PAGESIZE=Legal, SHOW_GLOBALFILTER=ON, ACTIVE_UNITS=PTS, $
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='report1', text='report1', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.15, TOPMARGIN=0.15, METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=0.15,TOPMARGIN=0.15,LEFTMARGIN=0,RIGHTMARGIN=0,', $
COMPONENT='report1', TEXT='report1', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.145 0.145), DIMENSION=(13.706 8.205), METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 13.706in; HEIGHT: 8.205in; TOP: 0.145in; LEFT: 0.145in', $
PAGELAYOUT=2, NAME='report2', text='report2', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.15, TOPMARGIN=0.15, METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=0.15,TOPMARGIN=0.15,LEFTMARGIN=0,RIGHTMARGIN=0,', $
COMPONENT='report2', TEXT='report2', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.145 0.145), DIMENSION=(13.706 8.205), METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 13.706in; HEIGHT: 8.205in; TOP: 0.145in; LEFT: 0.145in', $
PAGELAYOUT=3, NAME='report3', text='report3', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.15, TOPMARGIN=0.15, METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=0.15,TOPMARGIN=0.15,LEFTMARGIN=0,RIGHTMARGIN=0,', $
COMPONENT='report3', TEXT='report3', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.145 0.145), DIMENSION=(13.706 8.205), METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 13.706in; HEIGHT: 8.205in; TOP: 0.145in; LEFT: 0.145in', $
PAGELAYOUT=4, NAME='report4', text='report4', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.15, TOPMARGIN=0.15, METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=0.15,TOPMARGIN=0.15,LEFTMARGIN=0,RIGHTMARGIN=0,', $
COMPONENT='report4', TEXT='report4', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.145 0.145), DIMENSION=(13.706 8.205), METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 13.706in; HEIGHT: 8.205in; TOP: 0.145in; LEFT: 0.145in', $
END

SET COMPONENT='report1'
TABLE FILE HOLD1
PRINT *
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END

SET COMPONENT='report2'
TABLE FILE HOLD1
PRINT *
END

SET COMPONENT='report3'
TABLE FILE HOLD1
PRINT *
END

SET COMPONENT='report4'
TABLE FILE HOLD1
PRINT *
END
COMPOUND END

The problem is : the reports are getting generated one below the other but they are overlapping.I tried setting the position also and also did try changing the top position but everytime it keeps overlapping...

Can anyone please tell me how to get the 4 reports generated without any overlap.
Also is there any way to get the 4 reports in the pfd format in the form of tabs(next to each other).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance!

-IP

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Webfocus 8105 Developer studio,Windows 7,HTML,Excel,PDF,Text,Infoassist,Graph,AHTML

posted Hide Post
Two things here:
1) Position needs to be changed - I'm not sure if you tried changing "POSITION=(0.145 0.145)"
for each report. I think this needs to give out the top left cordinate of the individual report.

2) Dimension of all reports is set "DIMENSION=(13.706 8.205)". Just by the looks of it, it seems all reports have huge dimensions(width and height) which is almost equal or exceeds the paper size. Try decreasing this.

WebFOCUS 7.6.1
Windows, HTML,PDF,EXCEL2000

posted Hide Post
Compund PDFs in vertical tabs is easy. All you need to do is adjust your dimension and the position (mentioned in my post above).

WebFOCUS 7.6.1

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Pradhan_dp - Iam already using the POSITION as (0.145 0.145) and still the reports are getting overlapped.
Changing the dimension has no impact on this one.Anyways thanks Pradhan Smiler

Also Iam not sure how much space does each report occupies everytime...I need to know how to make it dynamic rather than setting up the postion of each report separately....
Could anyone please let me know how to do this.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

-IP

This message has been edited. Last edited by: info4pal,

Webfocus 8105 Developer studio,Windows 7,HTML,Excel,PDF,Text,Infoassist,Graph,AHTML

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
For dynamic positioning, you should use relative position. The code below will give you an idea,

COMPONENT='table2', TEXT='table2', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(+0.000 +.00), DIMENSION=(* *), RELATIVE-TO='table1', RELATIVE-POINT=BOTTOM-LEFT, POSITION-POINT=TOP-LEFT, REQUIRED-SPACE=(* 2),

Posts: 165 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Atturhari - Wow! Did not know that we can do relative positioning.
I always thought PDF compound reports have to be hardcoded with the dimension.

I'm curious now. What happens if the two reports overflow the size of the page? or what if the one on top is very lengthy?
Do they still maintain the format on the first page and overflowing data goes on to the next page?

WebFOCUS 7.6.1

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Thanks a lot Atturhari...I will try that and see if that works.

Regards,
IP

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm curious now. What happens if the two reports overflow the size of the page? or what if the one on top is very lengthy?
Do they still maintain the format on the first page and overflowing data goes on to the next page?

Anything is possible with the tool. The overflow can also be controlled (OVERFLOW: autoWink and all depends on what attributes you set for each component.
Setting OVERFLOW as auto, you will make the 2nd report to being at the end of 1st report regardless of the pages. Turning OVERFLOW off will render the components in the fixed positions.

Posts: 165 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post