Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Repeated subhead formatting issue

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Repeated subhead formatting issue
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,
I was able to figure out a way to make the 3 subheads in my report to repeat on the next page if the detail data flows on to the next page by using the row count code as below. However, I am not able to figure out a way to break the Rowcnt subhead, item by item further down and I need different formatting for all these 3 subheads.

I have given separate backgrounds for each item in LINE 1 and it shows row as a vertical column.(Screen shot below) Is there a way to identify each item by item?

PRINT
'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.SMPL_DATE' AS ''
'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.TEST_CODE' AS ''
'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.TEST_DESCRIPTION' AS ''
'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.ADDITIONAL_INDICATION' AS ''
'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.ORDER_SIGNED' AS ''
'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.NON_ESRD' AS ''
COMPUTE ROWCNT/I9 = LAST ROWCNT + 1; NOPRINT
BY 'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.CONTRACT_NAME' NOPRINT
BY 'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.CLINIC_ID' NOPRINT
BY 'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.SHORT_NAME' NOPRINT
BY 'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.PATIENT_NAME' NOPRINT
BY 'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.SAMPLE_DATE' NOPRINT
BY 'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.CONTRACT_ID' NOPRINT
BY 'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.PATIENT_ID' NOPRINT
BY 'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.COMPOSITE_DATE' NOPRINT
BY 'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.PLAN_NUMBER' NOPRINT
BY 'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.PLAN_NAME' NOPRINT
BY 'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.TEST_CODE' NOPRINT
BY 'PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.PROGRESSNOTES' NOPRINT
BY TOTAL ROWCNT NOPRINT

ON ROWCNT SUBHEAD
" "
WHEN PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.CONTRACT_ID NE LAST PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.CONTRACT_ID OR TABPAGENO NE LAST TABPAGENO;

ON ROWCNT SUBHEAD
" "
WHEN PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.CLINIC_ID NE LAST PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.CLINIC_ID OR TABPAGENO NE LAST TABPAGENO;

ON ROWCNT SUBHEAD
" WHEN PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.PATIENT_ID NE LAST PRC_OUTSIDE_LAB_RESULTS.ANSWERSET1.PATIENT_ID OR TABPAGENO NE LAST TABPAGENO;
$
TYPE=SUBHEAD,
BY=ROWCNT,
LINE=1,
ITEM=1,
OBJECT=FIELD,
BACKCOLOR='RED',
WIDTH = 1,
JUSTIFY=LEFT,
$
TYPE=SUBHEAD,
BY=ROWCNT,
LINE=1,
ITEM=2,
OBJECT=FIELD,
BACKCOLOR='GREEN',
WIDTH = 1.5,
JUSTIFY=LEFT,

$
TYPE=SUBHEAD,
BY=ROWCNT,
LINE=1,
ITEM=3,
OBJECT=FIELD,
BACKCOLOR='BLUE',
$
TYPE=SUBHEAD,
BY=ROWCNT,
LINE=1,
ITEM=4,
OBJECT=FIELD,
BACKCOLOR='YELLOW',

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Webfocus 7.6.1,Windows 7

Posts: 6 | Location: United States | Registered: August 19, 2014Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The three subheads for ROWCNT are conceptually a single subhead of three lines (with each line made contingent on a WHEN condition). To control the style of each separately, think of the output when all three WHEN conditions are true, and set LINE accordingly.

So simply repeat the STYLE declaration for LINE=1 two more times, with LINE=2 and with LINE=3, and then modify as needed.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your response j.gross. but, I am very new to web focus development. Can you please help me with sample code. Also, this report is about 200 pages and there is no way I can anticipate all the 3 subhead conditions to be true to make it happen. I would like to know if this is even doable? Is there a better way to make the subhead repeat on to next pages without having to use rowcount? Please help.

Webfocus 7.6.1,Windows 7

Posts: 6 | Location: United States | Registered: August 19, 2014Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This may be of help.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I had to write below code to make the (new) subhead reappear on the next page

DEFINE FILE XXX
CON_FL/I1=IF CONTRACT_ID NE LAST CONTRACT_ID THEN 1 ELSE 0;
CLI_FL/I1=IF CLINIC_ID NE LAST CLINIC_ID THEN 1 ELSE 0;
PAT_FL/I1=IF PATIENT_ID NE LAST PATIENT_ID THEN 1 ELSE 0;
RPT_FL/I1= CON_FL + CLI_FL + PAT_FL;
END
-----
PRINT
BY 'XXX.ANSWERSET1.RPT_FL' NOPRINT

ON CONTRACT_ID SUBHEAD
""
ON CLINIC_ID SUBHEAD
""
ON PATIENT_ID SUBHEAD

ON RPT_FL SUBHEAD
"SUBHEAD 1"
"SUBHEAD 2"
"SUBHEAD 3"
WHEN RPT_FL EQ 0 AND TABPAGENO NE LAST TABPAGENO AND TABPAGENO NE 1
ON RPT_FL NOSPLIT

Thanks everyone who tried helping me on this.
I am not able to edit the subject line to update it with [SOLVED]

Webfocus 7.6.1,Windows 7