Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Page 1 2 3 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Shh!
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Shh! Be quiet... you'll wake everyone up!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Happy American Thanksgiving.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You are too much Francis, posting frivolous stuff just to get your count even higher Wink Razzer

Hope y'all had a great Thanks Giving Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
O that's why nothing happens here!
they all sit and eat turkey!

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the greetings. I had turkey and cranberry sauce and stuffing and corn and coffee and pumpkin pie at my brother's house. He's a great cook. Now I know some Europeans think corn is for feeding cattle, but it is really good.

Happy great day to you all, what ever it happens to be.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
All on the same plate? I know the Americans are renowned for wierd combinations (peanut butter and "jelly" [aka jam]) but that lot takes the biscuit!!! Wink

As for corn, on the cob or nibbles - either way very pleasant. Have you visited Europe recently? or are you just assuming that what your TV tells you is gospel?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
aw man..i can't wait to get you to nashville and feed you some real food.
Its peanut butter and banana, and its fried

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for corn, on the cob or nibbles - either way very pleasant. Have you visited Europe recently? or are you just assuming that what your TV tells you is gospel?

No this was way back in the 70's, if you're old enough, was there during the oil embargo.

Miss the snitzchel.

My mother loved the people in England when she visited there some years back.

Susannah, as to fried banana's don't know as I ever, but I am a big peanut butter and jelly fan. Of course you haven't lived unitl you have a peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwich.

And plenta??? we called it mush.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
way back in the 70's, if you're old enough

Unfortunately Leah, yes I am Frowner and the bones and joints (no not those sort .. the ones normally associated with Amsterdam) remind me often.

Peanuts and banana sound OK but then, by adding double cream and ice cream it would not be far off from being a banana split. Fried? No I don't think so - about as appealing as a Mars bar fritter - yuk. Peanut butter and sweet pickle? Hmm, jury is still out on that although it is swayed towards throwing it out.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well we ate and drank...and we are back. Glad ya'll could entertain yourselves while we were feasting. Wink

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Oh but nothing can beat fried turkey! we cooked two of them and there is nothing left for turkey sandwiches. Bummer!

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows

Posts: 301 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: July 07, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Tony,

If you try the peanut butter and pickle route, there is also the bread and butter pickle which is good, and some have eaten it with dill pickles (the true dill, not kosher with garlic).

Ah back to work time now.

Hope all had a great weekend.

Leah

Expert
posted Hide Post
If that was one bird that would become extinct, I wouldn't miss it Frowner

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Leah,

PB&DP must be a (mid)western combination. It's common in my Ohio family, but definitely "Uck" food in NY. [I'll have to try your PB & B&BP combo.]

It's (corn meal)mush to Ohioans; Polenta to Italians; and "Scrapple" to Pennsylvanians when poured into a small loaf pan, refrigerated overnight, sliced 1/4" thick, and (pan)fried for breakfast with butter and maple syrup.

See what gastronomic things we can all learn about WebFOCUS. Anybody use WF in FoodService apps?

Chris

WIN/2K running WF 7.6.4
Development via DevStudio 7.6.4, MRE, TextEditor.
Data is Oracle, MS-SQL.

Posts: 154 | Location: NY | Registered: October 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Chris, the PB and B&BP may be unique to me. This is making me hungry. I never much cared for fried mush as a child, so my poor son led a deprived life of never having mush.

On a serious note, I should open a question on report caster while I'm thinking about it.

Leah

posted Hide Post
Well all I can say is Biscuits are actually Scones in this part of the world but I've yet to figure out what the 'gravy' is. It's more like a white or béchamel sauce and nothing like a decent drop of Bisto! I dare say you all will find out these things at Summit ....

Wink

Andy

Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the holiday wishes, Glenda if you want a turkey sandwich I'm on the NE side of Houston and I have plenty left. It was an interesting holiday to say the least. Last Friday my son had told me he was bringing a friend from college. I was expecting 9 people besides that (or more, I have a tendancy to pick up orphans). I bought a 17+ pound turkey. On Monday one couple called and said they were having guests from out-of-town and couldn't make it, on Tuesday my son called and told me his friend is Hindu and doesn't eat any meat and wouldn't even eat stuffing fixed in the turkey and on Wednesday I found out another of my guests had been in a car accident and couldn't make it. That left me with a 17+ pound turkey for 7 people. My son wouldn't even take any back to school with him. I had turkey, dressing (I even made a small pan without broth that didn't go in the turkey for my Hindu guest), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, rice with mixed veggies, rolls, minestrone soup, pecan pie, German chocolate cake, wine(lots of wine) and a cranberry gelatin salad (that I discovered still in the refridgerator after dinner was over).

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
and speaking of summit, wait till ya'll try grits!

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Glenda needs to get in the car and head North.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
the 'gravy' is. It's more like a white or béchamel sauce and nothing like a decent drop of Bisto! I dare say you all will find out these things at Summit ....

Gravy can be more than one thing in the US. My spouse has definite ideas on how to fix it as well.

There is the 'rue' which is a flour / oil (pan drippings/butter or what ever) kind where you mix the flour and oil base, brown it and add your liquid which may be water, milk, beef stock, vegetable stock and so on. This is cooked until smooth. Note your basic sauce is thus as well. Seasonings to taste.

Then there is my mother's method which is fast. She'll take the liquids from the meat cooking and add cornstarch disolved in cold water to the liquid to thicken.

Then there is red eye, which is a coffee ham juices mixture.

Cooking class is over.

Leah

Guru
posted Hide Post
Pat,

Thanks for thinking of me. My better half is frying up the third turkey as we speak. (He just called to see if I wanted it fried or baked!)

Grits are great too. I have them every weekend ala "Chef Rayban".

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows

Posts: 301 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: July 07, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Leah,

If your spouse has the 'rue' thing down, he ought to be able to make a pretty good gumbo. Us 'cajuns' say a good 'rue' is the key to a great gumbo.

That's another dish Francis and company need to try if they havent' already. Gumnbo with potatoe salad. Now I'm getting hungry and this cold weather is perfect for gumbo.

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Andy,

Can you get Bisto there?

Look forward to meeting up with you again at Summit (hopefully!) and sharing those beer(sssss)!!

Tony

In FOCUS
since 1986

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Glenda,

I always associate gumbo with okra. Not a veggie we care for, but my mother-in-law fried it all the time.

Leah

Guru
posted Hide Post
Leah,

You don't have to put okra in gumbo. Omit the okra and add a little gumbo file powder (a little goes a long way). I sometimes omit the okra when I am having company that has an aversion to okra.

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony A:
Andy,

Can you get Bisto there?

Look forward to meeting up with you again at Summit (hopefully!) and sharing those beer(sssss)!!

Tony

Yup, Boston has no problem with British ingredients but I'm not sure how it'll be South of the Mason Dixon line, it's a bit like 'North of Watford' down there Smiler

Ditto on the beers Music

Andy

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yup, Boston has no problem with British ingredients but I'm not sure how it'll be South of the Mason Dixon line, it's a bit like 'North of Watford' down there

Ditto on the beers

Oh that was cold! Roll Eyes Any beer you can get in Boston, I can get in Texas. Not all South of the Mason Dixon line are without taste.

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you ever had the DT's? Now there's a beer...

Wiki: Delirium Tremens

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Glenda,

Bisto is not a beer but is gravy like no other, and is probably loved by most Brits, ex pats or no (except veggies and vegans most likely Wink)

Being a frequent Texas vistor (north Dallas area) I can vouch for the beers although there are still a few that I would like to see there, even though you can now get Newcastle Brown!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Guru
posted Hide Post
I wasn't referring to the "bisto". I was referring to the "Ditto on the beers".

Red Face Which I admit I jumped to conclusions. Your ditto was in response to Francis's comment and not a slur on the beer down here.

My bad!

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows