Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Resource Layout - Button Onclick checkbox

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Resource Layout - Button Onclick checkbox
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi ,
I have around 20 checkboxes on my form and I would like to create a onclick event for button so that all the checkboxes are selected if the button is clicked?

I tried using

function button2_onclick(ctrl) {
document.getElementByID(checkbox1).Checked = false;
document.getElementByID(checkbox2).Checked = false;
document.getElementByID(checkbox3).Checked = false;
document.getElementByID(checkbox4).Checked = false;
}

but it didn't work . ANy ideas.?

App Studio Version 8202
windows Platform
SQL Server 2008/2012

Posts: 183 | Location: TX | Registered: January 22, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Very nearly there. The id must be in quotes (single or double), the word checked must be all lower case, and it is getElementById, javascript is case sensitive.

Also do check the actual id, next to the INPUT, I think it will be something like checkbox1_0.
function button2_onclick(ctrl) {
document.getElementById("checkbox1_0").checked = false;
document.getElementById("checkbox2_0").checked = false;
document.getElementById("checkbox3_0").checked = false;
document.getElementById("checkbox4_0").checked = false;
}

That should work now.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
... but if you want the checkboxes "selected" (do you mean "checked"?) then you should use "true" instead of "false" ...

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
is this a webfocus forum or a javascript forum??

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Frank,

The boundaries are getting ever more blurred owing to the fact that, often, developers will need to know and understand HTML and JavaScript as well as they know and understand WebFOCUS. Especially if they want to leverage more out of the whole WF experience.

We could say "go look at a JavaScript forum" but at least this Guy had the sense to try to get a solution before posting Wink

T

p.s. How are the water levels?

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes I understand that Tony, and I do not mind, systems are getting more and more mixed with all kind of software and in fact that is what keeps me having a job....

about the water levels, we here in the Netherlands are just to it, a report in the local paper stated today that since we always pump the water never comes to high, only if and when it rains a lot in Germany/Switserland the Rijn gets to much water so we can get a little problem.
Winter storms are always a bigger problem but since the flood in 1952 we have managed that rather good.
Do you live in that flooded area?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi AlanB,
Its working now. Thanks a lot.
Tony,
Thanks for understanding the issue.I have tried a lot of javascript sites and thought someone on webfocus forum might provide some insight. It definitely helped me to keep my current page developed in resource layout.

App Studio Version 8202
windows Platform
SQL Server 2008/2012

Posts: 183 | Location: TX | Registered: January 22, 2007Report This Post