Focal Point
Removing a value from a field using a DEFINE or excluding in parameter

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3591005872

March 31, 2008, 03:18 PM
Latigresa
Removing a value from a field using a DEFINE or excluding in parameter
I need to exclude one value from a field so that the users are not able to select that value at all in the dropdown. If I do a WHERE to not euqual 'ACTUARIAL' but need to place a parameter for all the rest in the field and also have the slect all option yet for it to still not show actuarial. I do not want to hard code the rest of them just incase more departments are added in the future.

Thank you in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Latigresa,

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Server: WINXP
March 31, 2008, 03:32 PM
Darin Lee
So you probably need a custom procedure to populate your drop-down box that includes a WHERE fieldname NE 'ACTUARIAL';
Then the easiest thing to do in your fex is just add the same WHERE statement. Then, if they still select all, it selects all EXCEPT ACTUARIAL.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
March 31, 2008, 04:16 PM
Latigresa
Doing that will still allow them to see 'ACTUARIAL' and they don't want them to see it at all. :-(

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
March 31, 2008, 04:25 PM
Francis Mariani
La tigresa,

If you follow Darin's suggestion and use a custom procedure to create the select list then you can add the exclusion of 'ACTURIAL'. We're all assuming you're using DevStudio GUI to build your report. Somewhere in the GUI you can choose to use a custom procedure instead of letting the GUI build the select list.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
March 31, 2008, 04:29 PM
Latigresa
Sorry...my brain was on break and it finally kicked into gear. That worked wonderfully!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Ana

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
March 31, 2008, 04:41 PM
RSquared
You can also add a 'Filter' in the master file and then use it in your FEX.

http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde.../source/topic161.htm

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit