Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Public User Security at the report level

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Public User Security at the report level
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

I've run into a strange issue, and would appreciate any help you fine folks can offer. We are running 7.1, and this problem affects the MRE and Dashboard.

I have a domain with many subfolders and multiple reports under each subfolder. In the public dashboard content editor, I can add each of the report folders to a content block. However, In two of the folders, one report is missing from each. By this I mean there are two folders with two reports in each, but only one report is showing in each folder when I add the folder to the Dashboard. When I try to add each individual report to Dashboard, I still only see one.

I have logged into the MRE as Public, and I can see the folders and they only show one report in each. I changed the Role of the Public User to Analyst, and then I could see both reports in the MRE. However, I still only see one report when I try to add the reports to Dashboard.

Now, the obvious solution is to make sure both reports are set to "Show on User's List," which they are. It is almost like these two "hidden" reports are somehow set to a higher security level than the other two, but how? My goal is to have all these reports available on the public dashboard, so I really need to figure this out.

Please advise,

Joey

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Update:

I copied the report that was showing, edited the source and pasted in the code from the report that was not showing. This report now shows just fine on the Dashboard.

If anyone can explain this, please do. If not, that's okay too.

Smiler

Joey

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
<Emma Schwarz>
posted
If the report properties include "Run with OLAP", the report will not appear in Dashboard for the public user.

Also, OLAP reports will not appear for "user" usertype in both Managed Reporting and Dashboard.

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's exactly what the problem was. Thanks so much!

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows