Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     MR Groups for a MR User [Solved]

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MR Groups for a MR User [Solved]
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Is there anyway to report on the MR groups which the current user is a member of? (I am on 7.7.5)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gweller,

WebFOCUS 8201M/Windows Platform

Master
posted Hide Post
gweller,

Are you looking to know what the user is a part of when the user logs in? If so you can use the IBIMR_memberof variable. You will have to add it to your custom settings on the client to make it available to use.

Are you looking to interrogate a group and create a list of all the users that are a part of it? Then this would depend on how you handle your security. Do you use a External or Internal security? If you are using a RDBMS to hold your security information you could write a query off of the security tables. If you are using internal security, I believe there is a way to create a master file to read the internal files, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Option 1....

I attempted to look up the IBIMR_member of variable and cant seem to find any documentation. Can you point me in the right direction?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I found this,

https://techsupport.informatio...om/sps/93102553.html

I tried it with no results. Any idea if this is limited to v8 and higher? I am on 775

Expert
posted Hide Post
Yep, that is version 8 & variable.
Use the MREXTRACT utility...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
gweller,

It was my understanding that &IBIMR_memberof was available in 7705, but I could be wrong. I only started using it in 8008. When you say you attempted this, did you add

<SET>IBIMR_memberof(PASS)

To your custom settings on the client, restart your Tomcat, logout and log back in?

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I ended up using the MR Extract utility as the &Variable was unavailable in the version I am using.

Thanks