Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Dashboard toolbox links - can they be file/folder links?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Dashboard toolbox links - can they be file/folder links?
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello,

I've created a toolbox for my dashboard to use and it has a mixture of website links and folder links. The website links work correctly when selected, however, the folder links fail.

I've used the following syntax when defining a folder link - "file:///S:\Global\IS". However, when I run my dashboard, and select the link I'll get a cannot find 'file:///S:GlobalIS' error. (Yes, the directory S:\Global\IS does exist on my PC.)

Can file/folder links not be done in toolbox links?

Thanks,
Colleen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 8104, IBMi (server), Windows 7 (client), iWay 6.1

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Cgiuda,
Can you eloborate more about this issue? If you can explain what this Toolbox in Dashboard means.Walk us through creation of Toolbox in Dashboard.

Thanks
TryFocus

Prod: WF 7.6.10 windows. -- MRE/Dashboard/Self Service/ReportCaster - Windows XP

Posts: 82 | Location: Chicago | Registered: September 28, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
ok....

Go into "Business Intelligence Dashboard View Builder" in your WebFocus main menu
Select "Toolbox" . This is where you define your toolboxes and the links that are to be in them. Select "Save" and "Done" when you have completed this.
Now select "Group Views"
Check off the dashboard you want to edit, Select "Edit Look"
Select "Toolbar", and specify which toolbox and which links within that toolbox you want to show on your dashboard.
Then launch your dashboard and you will have your banner links in it.

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgiuda:
... I've used the following syntax when defining a folder link - "file:///S:\Global\IS". However, when I run my dashboard, and select the link I'll get a cannot find 'file:///S:GlobalIS' error. (Yes, the directory S:\Global\IS does exist on my PC.) ....

1. Firefox and IE interpret file links differently. Be aware.

2. This link works fine for me:
 <a href="file://H:\some_report.pdf">Click Me</a> 
. Do you have one slash too many? Also, it looks like you are linking to a directory. Try to isolate if that is the problem. Are you able to link to an individual file?

- ABT

- ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, Firefox has problems with file/folder links. My problem happens when using Internet Explorer.

The problem is specifically with banner links (or toolbox links), not HREF links. My HREF links all work fine. These are only links created via a toolbox for the dashboard.

Yes, I am linking to a directory. I was expecting to behave similiar to when I have HREF links to directories (Windows File explorer will launch)

I didn't try a file - I'll test that out and see what happenes.

Thanks,
Colleen

Master
posted Hide Post
When defining the path, try escaping the slashes. That is, try your path as: file://S:\\Global\\IS

- ABT

WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks! That fixed it!

I also found that after modifying the link in the toolbox, that I had to go back to the dashboard toolbar and remove and add the link back in in order for it to refresh. It didn't automatically get the updated link just by changing it in the toolbox.

Colleen