Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Compound EXL2K format generates XMH file and IE Information Bar warning

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Compound EXL2K format generates XMH file and IE Information Bar warning
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
SET WEBARCHIVE=OFF

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD AS REPORT FORMAT EXL2K OPEN
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM WHEELS
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K CLOSE
END

I would love to get an xls file generated and not an xmh file. Setting webarchive to off is not doing what it's supposed to to.

Also, Is there any way to stop that IE Information Bar warning? Specially if I'm running this on a local computer.

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

I copied/pasted your code and got an XLS output file directly. Not sure what the problem is on your end.

I've seen the IE information bar warning fixed in the following two ways.

Try adding your site (local computer, internal server etc.) to the Local Intranet zone on IE.
1) From the Tools drop-down menu select Internet Options.
2) Select the Security tab.
3) Select the Local Intranet from the zones.
4) Click the Sites button.
5) Click the Advanced button and add your site to the list.

OR

Turning off the pop-up blocker in IE from the Tools menu.

Hope this helps,

Norb

prod:7.6.9, win2k3 mre, caster, bid, devstudio 7.6.9

Posts: 242 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: February 16, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Norb,

Thanks for the tip on IE - your suggestion worked.

I have Office 2010 and that's maybe why I get an xmh file and a pop-up message. Then when I try opening the file I get another pop-up with "The file you are trying to open is in a different format than specified by the file extension".

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
The file you are trying to open is in a different format than specified by the file extension".

Oh wouldn't I love to get rid of the message.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Check out this document. Although it is for an earlier version of WebFOCUS, it may point you in the right direction.

WebFOCUS client administration

Check out the link for "Microsoft Excel Report Considerations" under "Changing Redirection Settings".

prod:7.6.9, win2k3 mre, caster, bid, devstudio 7.6.9

Posts: 242 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: February 16, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Norb, I tried this and it unfortunately doesn't work.

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
You can get rid of the popup message for Excel 2010 by making a registry entry. This Microsoft article explains this for Excel 2007, but the fix is pretty much the same for 2010:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsoffi...tension-warning.aspx

The only difference is the key you need to change - for Excel 2010, add the new DWORD value to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Excel\Security key.

WebFOCUS 8

Posts: 74 | Location: Gahanna, OH | Registered: September 22, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
"The file you are trying to open is in a different format than specified by the file extension".

This is just another in the long list of things MS has done to try and make Office 2010 more secure. Even though the file comes down with a .xls extension, Excel 2010 is warning you that the file is not really a .xls file.

The fix JR describes basically turns off the warning mechanism.

We (OKDHS) implemented this state wide a few months ago.

You may also want to check out the setting in Excel under Options/Trust Center/Trust Center Settings.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jgelona,

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Whenever possible, I like to use the EXL07 format so that this message does not appear. However, the EXL07 in 7703 has some limitations.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You do realize that "some" actually means "quite a few"?

[EXPLAINED] EXL2K vs EXL07 performance

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
Setting webarchive=off does work for me, it changes form xmh to xht. However, the file extension warning still appears of course and when the user goes to save the file (if they choose to open rather than save in the first place) it still tries to save the file as a web document.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I think this depends on the web brower. In Firefox, I have set the Content Type of Excel to "Use Microsoft Execl". I get one pop-up, "What should Firefox do with this file?" (even though I set "Do this automatically..."), I click OK and it opens in Execl 2010 without other messages.

I'm happy with this, so thanks very much everyone.

Francis