Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Turning Off WebFOCUS Client Login

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Turning Off WebFOCUS Client Login
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is it possible to turn off the WebFOCUS client login screen? We are doing migration testing for moving from WebFOCUS 7.7.02 to WebFOCUS 8.1.04 and the new behavior of the WebFOCUS client is problematic with how we current have WebFOCUS set up.

In our current setup we authenticate against the reporting server only.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardA,

Sandbox Version: 8.1.04
Sandbox Platform: Windows 2008 R2
Testing Version: 7.7.02M
Testing Platform: Windows Server 2008 R2
WF Production Version: 7.7.02M
Production Platform: Windows Server 2008

Posts: 57 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that IBI_Authentication_Type parametyer is the answer

It must be WFRS

That way the client authanticate the userid with the Reporting Server security

Maybe that's not the way, but I really think that's the answer you are looking for

WF 8.1
Windows Server 2008
SQL Server 2012

Posts: 24 | Registered: September 04, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I have set the client to WFRS and EXTERNAL for the post and pre auth settings.

Let me explain a little better about our current environment. Currently, the outside users that access
WebFOCUS access a HTML login screen that exists on our reporting server. That page
has username and password fields on it. It uses IBIC_user, IBIC_pass, IBIWF_action = WF_SIGNON,
WF_SIGNON_MESSAGE = a URL that points to /ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=&RNUM=.

In this way a procedure is run after the user is authenticated against the reporting server.
Since WF client in WF 7.7 has no login screen, this works. In WF8 this sends the user to the WF client login
screen after the html page. This is the behavior that I am trying to stop if possible.

Also, if I login in a separate tab to the WF8 dashboard before accessing the html page on the
reporting server it behaves in the same way it does in 7.7 because the WF8 session cookie is set
with my authentication already but I don't want my end users to have to login to that screen
at all.

Posts: 57 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Are you using Active directory for Authentication on the Reporting Server?

If so then you can set up IIS to use IWA (Internal Windows Authentication) and then change the settings in securitysettings.xml to turn off the login form.

WARNING: This is certainly an area where you want to RTFM. As Security has changed quite a bit from WF7x to WF8x and you can either leave yourself unable to log in or letting everyone log in and run anything.

The "Security and Administration" manual can be found at http://infocenter.informationb...om/wf81rel/index.jsp

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StuBouyer:
Are you using Active directory for Authentication on the Reporting Server?

We are using DBMS for security on the Reporting Server.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Okay,

so you will need to update your HTML login form to match the "new" WF8 login call.

From the login page and the Restful Web Services API manual you should be able to log in with

http://servername/ibi_apps/rs?IBIRS_action=signOn&IBIRS_userName=Userid&IBIRS_password=Password

please note: I haven't tried this cause I only have access to a single-sign-on environment at present. you may need to tweak the URL

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi

It seems you use pure self service these external users are not defined within the BIP repository? (They were not defined within MRE in 77?)

1. In WF8 in your authentication html form the action should be referring to /ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs

2. If your license permits self service for users who are not registered in BIP, in the WF client admin console->security-> IBI_Named_Anonymous_Users=True

Yours

Eran

Yours,
Eran
SRL Products

http://www.srl.co.il

Posts: 97 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: November 20, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WF_IL:
Hi

It seems you use pure self service these external users are not defined within the BIP repository? (They were not defined within MRE in 77?)

1. In WF8 in your authentication html form the action should be referring to /ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs

2. If your license permits self service for users who are not registered in BIP, in the WF client admin console->security-> IBI_Named_Anonymous_Users=True

Yours

Eran

No, they were not defined in WebFOCUS MRE in 7.7. They never accessed that part of WebFOCUS. Our outside users
only access WebFOCUS through items on the Reporting Server. All the HTML, FEXes, and maintains that they use
are on the Reporting Server.