Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [RESOLVED] Trying to upgrade webfocus report server from 8.009 to 8.103

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[RESOLVED] Trying to upgrade webfocus report server from 8.009 to 8.103
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me. Having some difficulties upgrading from 8.009 to 8.103. Worked fine for data migrator, but for some reason giving me problems with the report server (Linux).

Basically once I did the upgrade, I couldn't log into the reporting server. I tried to stop the server (./edastart -stop) and I get a "shared memory remains but WSM process is gone" message, "stop request tp workspace manager failed - unknown"

I read on another post that doing a "./edastart -clear" would resolve this. I did this and it worked. Tried the "./edastart -stop" and i got "workspace manager is not running in /usr/ibi/srv80/wfs" message.

Great. so i tried to redo the upgrade. Go through all the steps and in the end get a "ISETUP there are server processes running. Cannot continue until the server is stopped".

Should be stopped already. I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Yazster

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Yazster,

WebFOCUS 8.201M
Windows, Linux, All Outputs

Posts: 47 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 15, 2014Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Initial problem seems to be related to LDAP authentication in new version.

Was able to login with Security Off, and tried testing my LDAP config which worked fine prior to upgrade.

I am unable to authenticate with my existing LDAP setup. Keep getting a failed to init LDAP module error.

Is there a known issue with the LDAP security settings when upgrading?\

Thanks,
Yazster

WebFOCUS 8.201M

Posts: 47 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 15, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yazster, Hopefully you've got this repaired by now (two months later). Your info about "@edastart -clear" was helpful to me.

I wanted to add that if you still have problems restarting the reporting server, there may be lingering processes still running. I'm not sure how it works in your particular operating environment, but for OpenVMS, you can identify them with "show system /process=eda*/node=(node name)", then having identified errant process pieces, you can "STOP [process-name]/IDENTIFICATION=pid"

I hope this helps, if not you, then someone else who has run into this problem.

Ken

WF 7.6.8
Reporting Server on OpenVMS

Posts: 5 | Location: New brunswick, NJ | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Yazster,

Did you ever resolve your LDAP authentication issue? I am having the same issue in V8.1.05. I haven't been able to get past the Failed to init LDAP message. I'm thoroughly confused at this point as the ldap library I'm pointing to is the same one I use in V8.0.08. The only difference being that there is no place to put the ldap_liblber value.

Any help on how you were able to resolve your issue would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Eric,

I was able to resolve the issue. Turns out it was caused by a missing file that was required by the new version.

Create a soft link to /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.10 and call it libcrypto.so. Place it in /usr/lib64.

There are no other changes to make other than that (you don't need the ldap_liblber value). Once I created the soft link my ldap was up and running again.

Hope that helps!

WebFOCUS 8.201M

Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Yazster!

I checked my library and found that I have libcrypt installed on the server but not libcrypto. You wouldn't happen to know if I can have both files without them conflicting do you? Do you think theres any reason why I shouldn't just download the libcrypto file and create the new symbolic link?

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
You're welcome, hope it resolves your problem.

I have both files on my end as well and they're not conflicting. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to just download it. In my case we already had libcrypto.so.10 and IBI recommended I create a soft link to it. So I did as recommended and it worked.

WebFOCUS 8.201M

Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help Yazster.

I installed from yum openssl101e which brought in the libcrypto.so.10 library. I added the symbolic link for libcrypto.so and I'm running like a champ. Thanks for your help on this one.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2