Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] How to use Common Javascript file for Portal
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[CLOSED] How to use Common Javascript file for Portal
 Login/Join

posted
I have a common javascript file that I use in reports to include common images which upon clicking, execute a jquery dialog to produce a popup report. Works great.

However, when I include the report in a portal, the portal loads each section as an iframe. So my popup displays within the section...not over the entire page.

I'm thinking if I can include my javascript at the page level, then each widget could call the common functions from the parent...maybe. I have two questions:

1. How can you include page level javascript on a portal?
2. Is there another way anyone can think of to display a window popup from a widget report?

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.2, Windows

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
My first thought is to use a common domain/app folder in which 'common' items reside.

See you at Summit! In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from PC FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Currrently using 8204 Gen 48 in Test and Production.
   KGPCo at CenturyLink. October 2017 to Present...

Posts: 2967 | Location: Middle Tennessee [8204M Gen48 in Test&Prod] | Registered: February 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post