Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report Wrap
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I'm running WebFOCUS 5.2.6 and I'm wonder if you can wrap the information in a report after x number of columns.

Here is the report I have:

Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 Column5 Column6

Here is the report I would like to have:

Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4
Column5 Column6

In the report Column5 and Column6 are detail lines of information.
I tried OVER and the users did not like how the report displayed and for some reason I cannot get FOLD-LINE to work.
I also have tried doing a HEADING that contains Column1 to 4 but since the report will need to output in HTML, EXL2K and PDF I ran into some problems.

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
FOLD-LINE is only supported for PDF and PS output.

What is it that the users didn't like about the way OVER looked?

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
They did not like how the column titles were displaying and the fact it was not saving any space on the page.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Did you try turning off the column-titles using
AS ''?

The put the column titles the way you want them in a HEADING or SUBHEAD?

Your other alternative is to put all the fields in a SUBHEAD or SUBFOOT, not just the first line.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I tried using AS '' but the data was hard to follow with no column titles.

I also tried to put the data into the SUBHEAD but I could not get the column titles to line-up with the data all the time. Do you have an example of this working in HTML EXL2K and PDF?

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
What Piipster is suggesting is to use OVER with the AS '' clause and put the column titles in the HEADING. Something like this:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
SEATS/P8 AS '' IN 20
DEALER_COST/P8 AS '' IN 30
RETAIL_COST/P8 AS '' IN 40
OVER
WIDTH/P8 AS '' IN 20
HEIGHT/P8 AS '' IN 30
WEIGHT/P8 AS '' IN 40
BY MODEL AS ''
HEADING
"MODEL <25 SEATS <35 DEALER <45 RETAIL"
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=HEADING, HEADALIGN=BODY, $
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
-*ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
-*ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END

This is just an example.

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
The IN ## and the spot markers aren't respected, but you can try to fudge it a bit.

Set the Report font to COURIER, and then set the font for all of the objects in the report (DATA, TITLE, HEADING, etc) to the proporational font that you want to use. It does tend to respect the spot markers a bit better if you do this.