Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] 7.6.9 Hotfix 3?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] 7.6.9 Hotfix 3?
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have noticed that the hotfixes are coming out quickly, so I have been holding off on installing this at my clients' sites. Is there a list of remaining issues available that I can review? Or is there a hotfix 3 coming out soon?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Local Development Environment:
WF 7.6.10 on Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
Client Environments:
WF 7.1.3, 7.6.4, and 7.6.10 on various Windows Server platforms using servlet implementation over SSL
Oracle and MSSQL DBs
Output formats: HTML, PDF, Excel 2000, XML

Posts: 26 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: September 30, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
hotfix 2 just barely came out. If there is a list of issues that have not been fixed, I would like to know what those are, but I'm sure that list is kept safely in the pocket of Product Management. In any case there won't be a #3 for a while unless you can come up with a number of hot issues and get them reported on tech support cases. Who knows - maybe within a week or two we'll find things that hotfix2 broke that require a hotfix3 (like what happened with hotfix1)

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Isn't that what Focal Point forum is for -- to not only get tips and techniques and the obscure question answered by like-minded developers, but also to share bugs encountered and increase exposure to flush out defects?

I've always had a problem with the fact that I cannot search on the IBI case mangement to see open cases from other customers that are pending - like the IBI reps can. The search facility limits to just your own site or closed cases.

Sure wish we were more like bugzilla where everything is out in the open and we all can see issues that have been reported instead of tripping on them. I'm glad that Focal Point is here! I held off on Hotfixes for 7.6.9 dev studio until HF#2 came out because of all the GREAT sharing.

Dan at UNO

WebFOCUS 8.8.05M (Prod)/8.0.09(Sandbox) Windows

Posts: 56 | Location: Omaha, Ne USA | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
My primary concern was using Dev Studio's Synonym Editor over SSL, which was reported as fixed in 7.6.9. I have combed through post after post to see if anything else is going to cause problems, but I think that HF2 is too new to know yet. I guess I will just keep my eye on the forum and wait a couple of weeks before giving it a try. I was hoping that putting a post out here may give me an easy answer Smiler
Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my post... I really appreciate it. I will leave this thread open for a while in case others want to add to it.

Client Environments:
WF 7.1.3, 7.6.4, and 7.6.10 on various Windows Server platforms using servlet implementation over SSL
Oracle and MSSQL DBs

Posts: 26 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: September 30, 2008Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
My primary concern was using Dev Studio's Synonym Editor over SSL, which was reported as fixed in 7.6.9.

DivisionByZero,

What's the specific issue with SSL and the Synonym Editor? I've been running with SSL since 7.6.7 and I haven't noticed any issues with the Synonym Editor. Or am I not looking close enough?

Thanks,

Dan

7.7.05M/7.7.03 HF6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 output to whatever is required.

Posts: 393 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan,
I was getting an error message when trying to use the Synonym Editor. IBI had listed the error message on their support site:

Known Problems
Summary: DevStudio: WFClient: SSL RPTSERV: Synonym: Fail to connect
Case: 42602025 Product: Developer Studio

Environment Detail Information

Product Release Gen Level OS
Reported in: Developer Studio 7.6.6 WIN/XP
Secondary Env: WebFOCUS Web Components 7.6.6 WIN/XP
Fixed in: Developer Studio 7.6.9 WIN/XP

Problem Detail Information

Description:
Attempting to connect to an SSL Enabled Reporting Server yields the following:

Dev Studio
Failed to connect to the server. Either the release of the server is
incompatible with the release of DMC or a critical error occurred.

WebFOCUS Admin Console and MR Data Server Create Synonym
Unexpected end of file from server
Workaround:
None

Client Environments:
Oracle and MSSQL DBs

Expert
posted Hide Post
The other VERY ANNOYING DevStudio bug is dragging-and-dropping a file from one folder to another - the file gets copied but DevStudio freezes. I opened a case on May 12, 2009 (# 51322530) and it is still open, "In Product Division".

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I have held off from upgrading to 7.6.9. It looks like not only hotfix 3 came out, but also hotfix 4. I think I will wait a while again.

Client Environments:
Oracle and MSSQL DBs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
On top of that, the word is that 7.6.10 is on the near horizon and 7.7/8 is in testing as well.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DivisionByZero:
Dev Studio
Failed to connect to the server. Either the release of the server is
incompatible with the release of DMC or a critical error occurred.

This sounds familiar. If my memory serves me I had the same (or similar) issue at one point. The fix was to go back and re-import the Certificate Authority Certificates into the Apache Tomcat keystore.

Of course, if you're not running Tomcat, this won't help you.

Dan

Posts: 393 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
While we're on the subject of hotfixes I'd like to post my thoughts for the record as well.

We started using WebFOCUS on 7.6.2. We are a very small shop and do not have a development server. We just have a production box. We have taken advantage of all the upgrades since 7.6.2 because each one had some new feature that was useful for our applications. Up through 7.6.8 HF2 things went smoothly. No real major issues were introduced as a result of upgrading or applying a hotfix.

7.6.9, on the other hand, has been extremely frustrating. It feels like I've spent more time troubleshooting and searching for answers since going to 7.6.9 than I have been doing actual development. I'm sure that's not really the case but perception is 90% of reality.

From a day-to-day basis, performing 'normal' functions the two biggest offenders for me have been:
1) The fully qualified fieldnames in the Report Painter. These are a major pain in the how-are-ya. Every time I go in to the GUI now I need to go back in with the text editor and remove all the fully qualified stuff. Not being able to turn this off is a big disadvantage in my opinion.
2) The HTML Layout Composer. This tool seems to have gotten a mind of its own and it must not like the way I lay out my pages. Every time I edit a page in the composer stuff keeps changing. I could deal with it if it changed things the same way each time but it doesn't! I've had to resort to making a copy of my page, editing it in the composer, and then using WinMerge to compare the two files so I can just copy over the code that is supposed to change.
There are other issues but these are the ones that affect me every day.

That said, I also want to say that the additional functionality provided by these upgrades has been a huge advantage for our users. We've been able to make our apps more useful to our customers and that is really the ultimate goal. So, while these issues have made us less productive, which does cost us more money, the end result is still positive. Fortunately, the end results have so far outweighed the additional cost of development.

My hope is that future realeases will be more stable than 7.6.9 has been thus far.

Regards,

Dan

Guru
posted Hide Post
Dan,

The ability to turn off qualified names in DevStudio was put back in 7.6.10. It was taken out because many people ran into what they thought were problems because they had JOINs that brought in fields with the same name and did not get the instance they thought they should get when using the field in a report. The web tools - InfoAssist, Report Assist, etc., do not allow qualified names to be turned off and therefore never have such problems.

As far as your issues with HTML Composer go, I have never experienced what you desctibe, nor do I have any customer cases open for such problems. Please feel free to open a case and I will need something to reproduce the issue in order to get it resolved.

Best regards,

David.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Guru
posted Hide Post
Are there plans for a Dev Studio 7.69 Hotfix that will give the ability to turn off qualified names?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files

Posts: 320 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: February 12, 2008Report This Post