Focal Point
[SOLVED] how to configure webfocus and Tomcat installed in different machines

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3657064586

February 07, 2017, 03:49 AM
RadhikaC
[SOLVED] how to configure webfocus and Tomcat installed in different machines
Hi,

I installed Tomcat in one machine and configured IIS. Installed WebFOCUS client and Reporting server in another machine.

How I can configure Tomcat to use it for WebFOCUS installed in different machine. Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
February 07, 2017, 09:31 AM
TexasStingray
I'm not sure you can do that, typically you install the WebFOCUS Client on the same machine as you application server. If you can install it like that then you would have to create a WAR file and then deploy that into tomcat. It's a lot easier to install the client on the app sever and then put the WebFOCUS Server on a separate box.

Scott

When you try to connect IIS to Tomcat, you need to have a Jakarta connector. Did you follow the process of setting the IIS configurations to communicate with Tomcat?

Windows, All Formats
WFDC,

To me it be obvious that RC ask question without looking at manual so that kind person give answer so RC no have bother of reading manual!

You too kind!

Kofi

Client Server 8.1.05: Apache; Tomcat;Windows Server 2012
Reporting Server 8.1.05; Oracle; MS SQL; Windows Server 2012
WFDC,

Yes, I foolowed the process of setting the IIS configuration to communicate with Tomcat.

Thanks

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs