Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Run Deffered on the HTML page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Run Deffered on the HTML page
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

There are threads already open on this topic, but then no one seem to have an answer to this.

I have a HTML page attached to the Fex file. User inputs the parameter on the HTML page and these passes to the fex file and the report is generated.
My fex is in MRE.
Now my report takes long time to run, so with the usual run method the report times out. Every time i run the fex from MRE, i do a run deffered and then go to the deffered status library and view the reports.
I was wondering if it is possible to put a run deffered option on the launch page and the users also run the report in deffered mode?
Also, if this possible, how do the users view the report after it is run?

Windows XP
Excel, HTML, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Click on Search, type DEFERRED, click GO.

Deferred Button

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A simple method is to open the properties on the fex being submitted and check the run deferred only. This assumes of course you are running it from the html page as an 'external' procedure.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Leah for the answer, this worked, the report runs on deffered mode, but then how do the user see the output.
The end user of this report have no knowledge of webfocus.

Windows XP
Excel, HTML, PDF

posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom for the answer, i had read this thread before, but i couldnt understand what actually needs to done.

Windows XP
Excel, HTML, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Look in the Dashboard help - that's what it's there on the end users Dashboard view for Wink - and you will find that option under the Utilities item (which is just next to Help in an unchanged view!).

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again, i could find that. I was wondering if it is possible to put a meaningful description to the reports in the deffered status library. Since, all users running a single report will see the same description.

Windows XP
Excel, HTML, PDF

Guru
posted Hide Post
You could rename the procedure in MRE and give it a nice name with upper / lower case, spaces etc.

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 454 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ranjana,

Each user will only see his/her "deferred" reports so there should be little or no confusion?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post