Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Trended Graph - Total of all bars

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Trended Graph - Total of all bars
 Login/Join

Master
posted
We have a number of trended graphs showing a rolling 12 months of current/prior/budget data.

A user has asked if there was a way they could see the TOTALS for the period in some fashion....as opposed to adding up the individual bars.

I suppose we could create an extra 'month' in the data that houses the total but that could throw off the scaling and is a bit of work.

Another thought was to place some verbiage on the graph and when you clicked it would call a fex showing the totals. I see no way of doing this though...

Perhaps there is something even simpler?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Adding the totals as part of the Header, Sub Head or Footing could also be an option.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
can you elaborate? Are you suggesting I can put text, say: 'Click for Grand Totals' in the GRAPH Header, and have that drill to a fex t hat shows the total? How do I enable the drill for the text...via the GUI or must you somehow do it in the code?

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Try this

TABLE FILE DEMO
SUM
DOLLARS
BY CATEGORY
HEADING
"Total= END

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
???
I need to have a link on my graph that will drill to something that pops up the grand total of the 12 trended bars shown...unless there is away for the graph to do this via some setting...

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs