Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Cascading Prompts
 Login/Join

posted
I need to pass information from one list to a procedure that fills an additional list box.
Then all selected values are passed to a procedure.

So I list all states
select a state
pass state and fill second list box with all cities
select cities and pass state and cities to third listbox to get all zips for those cities
run
execute a fex with all selected states cities and zips
Anyone know how?
Thanks

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do some research on Chaining.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
another way to handle this would be to use a launch form that contains frames and each selection launches a fex into a separate frame where values are displayed as hyperlinks. All values are then passed back into the original frams where the report is launched. A little confusing, but I absolutely hate trying to get chaining work all of the different ways I need so I avoid it. Chaining is probably an easier technique, but I feel it to be too restrictive. This technique gives amazing flexibility. For those who would suggest that "We only fear what we don't understand" you're probably right, but I don't have much desire to understand chaining any further. I can give some additional info if this is something you may be interested in.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a huge fan of chaining at the moment, but if my NFR turns up I might just give it another shot. I think we have similar needs.

I'm hoping the backroom boys will soon be adding a feature to allow parameter passing to fexes that generate the DDL contents. This will save me jumping through all kinds of hoops with hold files etc.

So for now I just do it the quick and dirty way. DDL1 calls DDL2 calls DDL3... and
I don't even bother with frames. When that param passing feature arrives I have the code already waiting to do its mojo!

Live and Direct from the University of Virginia.

DevStudio 7.6.9 - WF-7.6.9 - Win2k3 - MRE - RC - MSSQL - XBOX-360 Elite - Playstation 3 - Wii - PSP - Nintendo DSi - iPod Touch - Suzuki B-King - Honda Valkyrie - Subaru WRX STI - Canon EOS 1D Mark IV - Lover of Toys.

Posts: 21 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 10, 2005Report This Post