Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Dev Studio
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
We recently upgraded our reporting server, client and Developer Studio to 7.7.05. During testing we realized Developer Studio kept losing its connection to our Oracle data adapter. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does we get a null login Oracle error. I upgraded our version of the Reporting Server to 7.7.05M, since it is required for Developer Studio and the WebFocus client, but I am still having the same issue. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you-
Leanne Wood

here is a copy of the error message:
(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS 1005 (HEX: 000003ED)
(FOC1394) CONNECT FAILURE
: ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied
L (FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leanne Wood,

WebFOCUS 8.2.02M, App Studio 8.2.02M
Windows 2012 Server, Excel

Posts: 55 | Location: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: March 25, 2011Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
ull login Oracle e

Is this sporadic? how often it is occurring?
Are WF Client & DevStudio on the same system?

Please test your adapter connection between Reporting Server and Oracle DB.

Increase your connection timeout to 200 in Environment Settings.

From your comments, believe connecting to WebServer is good.

Thanks,
Rifaz

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for responding. It's hard to tell. Sometimes it works fine when I first launch Developer studio, other times it doesn't work at all. No, WF client lives on a server, and I have a copy of Dev Studio installed on my computer. The connection between the Reporting Server and Oracle DB works fine. I'm only having this issue when using Dev Studio. Managed Reporting applet works fine.

I increased the connection timeout to 240 in Environment settings.

Posts: 55 | Location: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: March 25, 2011Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Leanne,

Try using Dev Studio without being logged into the Portal (MR or IA) and see if your results improve.

Also, do you have multiple configurations open (like, Test and Prod) in Dev Studio? Try accessing only one Environment at a time (right-click the Connection in Dev Studio and choose: Log Off) and see if your results improve.

Also take a look at:
http://forums.informationbuild...=199107223#199107223

http://forums.informationbuild...117035036#5117035036

http://forums.informationbuild...?r=46410755#46410755

8.0.02M, Oracle 11.2 (AIX), Windows 2008R2, HTML, PDF, Excel

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi-

I have tried using Dev Studio without logging into MR, it's no better.

I deleted the test instance I had set up in Dev Studio, so the only environment I have is our production system. Of course I was able to connect to the adapter, but I'm not confident that I won't lose the connection.

I'd also like to add that this problem began only when we upgraded from 7703 to 7705. It worked fine in 7703.

posted Hide Post
Hi,

Have you resolved your issue since then ?

We are planning to upgrade from 7703 to 7705 and the main reason is to be compatible with IE10 browser.

Does it represent a huge effort to upgrade to 7705 ?

Thanks,
Pierre

Production: WF 7.7.03 / OS: Solaris Sparc 64/ WebServer: Apache Tomcat/6.0/AppServer:WebLogic 10.3 /DB: Oracle 11.2/ Output formats: HTML, Excel, PDF, CSV, ZIP

Posts: 12 | Location: Montreal | Registered: August 22, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Internet Explorer Version 10 is a disaster !!

At least 30 percent of websites - particularly those with form data, like our own WF menu system, won't work with IE10, except in compatibility mode. As far as I'm concerned, the last decent version of IE was IE8.

We are converting to Firefox or Chrome.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post