Focal Point
Maintain execution error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3711075413

January 20, 2009, 03:54 PM
brjohnson
Maintain execution error
I have an html file used for launching my mnt apps that contains the following code:
 <HTML><HEAD>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>
function Launch()
{
   randomNum = Math.random();
   sURL = "/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_cmd=MNTCON+EX+startbookorder&IBIS_connect=on&IBIAPP_app=maintain_test&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&num=" + randomNum;
   vFeatures ="menubar=yes,toolbar=no,status=yes,resizable=yes,scrollbars=1" +
			  "left=0, top=0, width=" + screen.availWidth + ", height=" + screen.availHeight;
   vTarget = window.open(sURL, "vTarget", vFeatures);
   vTarget.focus();
}
Launch();
</SCRIPT>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16788" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>[IMG]HFCClogo.gif[/IMG]<BR><BR><BR>The Online Book Order Application should launch in a moment.
If it does not, <A href="javascript:Launch()">click here</A> to try again. </BODY></HTML>

I have used this exact same code to launch maintain apps in the past. The only thing I changed from a working version of this file is the app name, which is now maintain_test. The odd thing is when I run this file in the DS it works correctly and launches the program. When I type the url of the file directly into IE it works correctly, but if I copy that same url into firefox I receive the following errors:

(FOC03847) MntEX Compile failed for startbookorder
(FOC03704) Cannot find the file : startbookorder.MNT :.

These errors also occur when I enter the url into any other machines besides my workstation. It produces errors in IE and firefox. I know the startbookorder.MNT is in the app maintain_test. I need to know why this html file is only launching the program correctly on my machine in IE and nowhere else.

Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: brjohnson,

Bryan Johnson
WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Maintain
Win 7
Excel, PDF, HTML
January 20, 2009, 07:25 PM
brjohnson
Ok, while messing around with this some more I decided to just try to launch the application with wfmstart.html(generic maintain launch page). Still doesn't work, same errors produced. So it probably has nothing to do with my html or js. The program deploys properly. No errors. When I click the "run current deployment scenario" everything works fine. So what could be producing this error?

Bryan Johnson
WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Maintain
Win 7
Excel, PDF, HTML
January 20, 2009, 09:13 PM
Waz
Bryan, could the issue be with the differences in IE and Firefox.

I would look at the security side of things.

Also could you try adding MNTCON+APPPATH+MAINTAIN_TEST to the call.

IBIF_cmd=MNTCON+APPPATH+MAINTAIN_TEST;MNTCON+EX+startbookorder

Do a search for MNTCON APPPATH for more info.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

January 21, 2009, 02:00 PM
Maintain Wizard
Can you run the Maintain application from inside the MDE? If you can, then it is not a syntax error. Make sure you have set the path correctly. I believe that path names are case sensitive in Firefox. When you run from the launch page, make sure you enter the Application Path as well as the procedure name.

Mark