Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     -INCLUDE &RPT_NAME

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
-INCLUDE &RPT_NAME
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Can anyone tell me why this does not work? I'm thinking its because of the order things evaluated, -INCLUDE gets done before &RPT_NAME.

-*fex: test1.fex
-DEFAULT &RPT_NAME = test2.fex
-SET &ECHO = ALL;
-SET &INC_NAME = '-INCLUDE ' | &RPT_NAME ;
&INC_NAME.EVAL
-RUN

-*fex: test2.fex
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY
END
-RUN

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I tried your example and it seemed to work.... I changed your test2 to a report in my domain.
Is your test2.fex in the same domain ?

-*fex: test1.fex
-DEFAULT &RPT_NAME = NODETAIL ;
-SET &ECHO = ALL;
-SET &INC_NAME = '-INCLUDE ' | &RPT_NAME ;
&INC_NAME.EVAL
-RUN
-TYPE &RPT_NAME
-TYPE &INC_NAME

Posts: 132 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 12, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Yes the reports are in the same domain. Here is the error I get.

(FOC227) THE FOCEXEC PROCEDURE CANNOT BE FOUND: test2 FOCEXEC *

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
You're right.... I had to copy it into my apps_srv path directory before it would pick it up. Not sure why that is.

<Mike Miles>
posted
Try removing the .fex from the end of the default value. I tried it both ways in an ad hoc query on our system and the FOC227 error did not occur when the .fex was removed.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The .fex didn't seem to matter on my test. It was the test02 being in the apps_srv path that made the difference on mine.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Removing the .fex did not make any difference got the same error. I also tried it with 'app/' and that made no difference.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
On your server you should have a directory path that contains the apps_srv path mine looks like this.

WebFocus2004:\ibi-dev\ibi\apps_srv\baseapp

I put test02 in the baseapp directory, made sure my edapath included baseapp and your code worked fine. If I removed test02 from the baseapp it no longer worked.

Maybe a tech from IBI can explain why it needs to be in the apps_srv path, I would have thought the same domain would work.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I've used -include for code segments or code and put it in the OTHER files area or the reports area of the domain and it finds it.

IB definitely needs to answer on this one.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
Hi everyone.

I noticed that you all have asked that IBI step in on this discussion. I will ask around and see which Product Manager may be able to shed some light on this.

Just a reminder - this forum is for customers to help customers. It is NOT an official line of support. Our support staff does voluntarily chime in on some of these discussions (as does the President of the company.) Big Grin But the only way to guarantee the involvement of our support staff is by contacting them.

If any member is having an issue with the product that they can not solve on the forum, please contact Technical Support or open a case.

Thanks so much for participating in the forums!

Monica

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry Monte2000,

Didn't mean to imply that an IBI tech should hop on this thread, it was meant to be an implied - maybe a case should be opened with them and the information gathered and then posted for everyone's reference or for future knowledgebase searches.

This is a great forum !!!!!!!! Thanks

<monte2000>
posted
Webfocuspgm:
Thanks for the compliment on the forum. Cool
We plan on re-organizing the forums a bit and having a searchable knowledgebase of these discussions is definitely something we're considering.

CurtisA:
I have contacted the product managers and am hoping to shed some light on your situtation.

Cheers everyone and thanks for making the forum a success!

Monica AKA Monte2000
Big Grin

Report This Post
<Mike Miles>
posted
Are you sure that the name of test2.fex is really test2.fex and not one of the WebFOCUS generated names. Were these FOCEXECs developed in the MRE environment or were they developed manually.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In reading Mike's reply, it brings to mind an issue we had in developing a program. I made changes to a fex. The production area had a caster job set up for the fex which I could not see. Turns out what I thought I was changing I wasn't. The name on the properties under MRE of the fex was different from the display name. I understand also if you are on 5.x version it forces the fex name to eight characters if eight are not supplied.

Wouldn't it be nice if that was all it was.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the issue is WHERE the files exist. Are TEST1 and TEST2 on the Reporting Server? Or are they in a domain under MRE? If you're invoking TEST1 from MRE, it tries to do the -INCLUDE locally, so WHERE the files reside is important. There's a section in the MRE Users Manual dealing with -INCLUDE. Basically, to include a report of type:

CUSTOM: -INCLUDE :filename
SHARED: -INCLUDE username:userfolder/filename
STANDARD: -INCLUDE app/filename

Can you provide a bit more on the environment? If these procedures are on a Reporting Server, you should be able to invoke TEST1 from an ad-hoc window.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 25 | Location: 2 Penn Plaza 28 fl | Registered: March 27, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Both the files are in the MRE under the same domain and in the same folder. I have checked the properties of both files and they are named test1.fex and test2.fex, I'm running developer studio 5.2.4 and webfocus server and client are also 5.2.4.

posted Hide Post
OK, we're talking MRE. The doc says, to incorporate a Standard Report with -INCLUDE, you should code:

-INCLUDE app/filename

can you try that?

Posts: 25 | Location: 2 Penn Plaza 28 fl | Registered: March 27, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
At first I thought it was a naming issue. I created a focexec and used test02 which isn't 8 characters. I'm using 5.2.5 and it created a fex with the name test02.fex. The code worked as long as test02 was in my reporting server path, not just my domain.

Yeah, Sorry Curtis I'm actually in the MRE not developers studio. That explains why mine works.... Thanks FocWizard.

posted Hide Post
Curtis,

Sorry, now I have a better understanding of what you want. Unfortunately, you can't do it. The issue is, the MRE Dialogue Manager processing is NOT the FULL D.M., but only provides variable substitution. It doesn't really support the '.EVAL' qualifier, which would cause a second 'interpretation' of the line. As a result, the -INCLUDE doesn't see the value as a filename, and can't locate it. That's why you get that error.

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
I've had nothing but trouble in MRE when trying to INCLUDE a fex that is contained in a variable name. I've tried

-SET &1 = '-INCLUDE AAA';
&1[/code]and[code]-SET &1 = 'AAA';
-INCLUDE &1
but neither worked. I've done this instead
-GOTO &1
-AAA
-INCLUDE AAA
-GOTO INC_END
-BBB
-INCLUDE BBB
-GOTO INC_END
-CCC