Focal Point
height and width properties

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3731087331

June 03, 2004, 06:31 PM
Lloyd
height and width properties
I am designing a report that has a drill down being inserted into the subfoot of the report. It is being inserted in a "IFRAME" inside a "DIV". My problem is I want to be able to size the the "DIV" and the "IFRAME" to display the entire drill down report without scrollbars or white space. Is there a way, probably using java script to get the actual height and width of the report and then size the "DIV" and "IFRAME" accordingly?
BTW - the div gets hidden and is opened or closed when the drill field is clicked.

ps. - I am new to webfocus and web programming in general so please be easy on me. Wink

pps. I can also post the code if you would like.
June 03, 2004, 06:48 PM
mgrackin
I have not tried to do this but in the past while reading about DIVs and IFRAMEs I seem to remember reading something about the ability to check the size of an object to see if it needs to display scroll bars. I apologize for the vague answer but it has been some time since I read about this. I use Microsoft's Developer Library for information about methods and properties for HTML objects and javascript.

I guess my short answer would be to say I think you can do this but I cannot give you specific code on how to. Sorry. Just trying to give you some encouragement and info on where to look for what you need to do. Smiler
June 03, 2004, 07:10 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
The quickest way to change the width and height of an iframe is to give the iframe an id

<iframe id="id111">
and add to the html body tag an onLoad function

<body onLoad="document.all.id111.style.width = 999;document.all.id111.style.height = 999;">
I'm not sure how you are going to determine the size of the embedded html report, since this was created by WebFOCUS.