Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     height and width properties

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
height and width properties
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I am designing a report that has a drill down being inserted into the subfoot of the report. It is being inserted in a "IFRAME" inside a "DIV". My problem is I want to be able to size the the "DIV" and the "IFRAME" to display the entire drill down report without scrollbars or white space. Is there a way, probably using java script to get the actual height and width of the report and then size the "DIV" and "IFRAME" accordingly?
BTW - the div gets hidden and is opened or closed when the drill field is clicked.

ps. - I am new to webfocus and web programming in general so please be easy on me. Wink

pps. I can also post the code if you would like.

Posts: 157 | Location: Secaucus, NJ | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I have not tried to do this but in the past while reading about DIVs and IFRAMEs I seem to remember reading something about the ability to check the size of an object to see if it needs to display scroll bars. I apologize for the vague answer but it has been some time since I read about this. I use Microsoft's Developer Library for information about methods and properties for HTML objects and javascript.

I guess my short answer would be to say I think you can do this but I cannot give you specific code on how to. Sorry. Just trying to give you some encouragement and info on where to look for what you need to do. Smiler

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
The quickest way to change the width and height of an iframe is to give the iframe an id

<iframe id="id111">
and add to the html body tag an onLoad function

<body onLoad="document.all.id111.style.width = 999;document.all.id111.style.height = 999;">
I'm not sure how you are going to determine the size of the embedded html report, since this was created by WebFOCUS.

Report This Post