Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Sending multiple RC Schedules to same Report Library

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Sending multiple RC Schedules to same Report Library
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is there a way to direct the output from multiple RC jobs to the same Report Library?

Here's why I ask:
I have a job that is scheduled to run the 3rd day of each month. The RC job points to an Alert and it is the alert that eventually runs the .fex. However, if the report needs to be rerun on any day other than the day the Alert allows it to run, I would have to edit the Alert and then run the RC Job. I would like to have a second RC Job that just runs the report that I can run on demand, but I want it to populate the same Report Library that my Alert job populates.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8007

Expert
posted Hide Post
Scott,
Just create a new one, "almost" like the current one, and, un-check the Enabled button.
Create it to do the exact same thing as the one with the Alert, except, don't use the Alert as the driver.
Then, right-click it and Run it whenever you want.

hth
Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
This doesn't add it to the same report library, does it? I'm pretty sure it creates a new report library.

WebFOCUS 8007

<Emily McAllister>
posted
Hello Scott,
You are correct. The two schedules will have two different libraries. However, if they have similar names they will show up near one another so you can find them easily. Additionally, in 81x you have the option to create subfolders for library reports, so you could have both schedules going to the same subfolder.

Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator

Report This Post