Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]How to retain dash symbol in excel tab names

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]How to retain dash symbol in excel tab names
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi all,

I tried to have dash in tab names of an Excel report. However, Some of the tab names are missing dash "-" as in the example below. Does anyone know how to do it?

Solution: replaced dash with forward slash.
-SET &I=1;
-REPEAT :LOOP 6 TIMES

-SET &SUM_RPT = IF &I EQ 1 THEN 'TEST 01–02'
-          ELSE IF &I EQ 2 THEN '8–39 TEST'
-          ELSE IF &I EQ 3 THEN 'Summary 8–39'
-          ELSE IF &I EQ 4 THEN '8–39 - Cases – B-B'
-          ELSE IF &I EQ 5 THEN 'Type 01 – 02'
-          ELSE IF &I EQ 6 THEN '01-02 Cases'
-          ELSE 'ERROR';

-SET &OPEN_CLOSE_RPT = IF &I EQ 6 THEN 'CLOSE' ELSE 'OPEN';

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM CAR BODYTYPE
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K &OPEN_CLOSE_RPT
ON TABLE SET STYLE * 
TYPE=REPORT,font='Arial', size=10,ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,TITLETEXT='&SUM_RPT.EVAL' ,$
ENDSTYLE
END

-SET &I=&I+1;
-:LOOP
-EXIT

Thanks,
Pku

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pku,

Thanks,
Pku

Focus, WebFocus 8201 on Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
This seems to work in WF 8.0.08:

I do notice some of the dashes are of a different width - n dash or m dash perhaps...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hey Pku/Francis Mariani,

How did you make this work when you referenced two different reports, example tab A is a report for country and tab B is a report for model? When i run i get the following tabs listed:

COUNTRY (shows the country report), RECOVERED_SHEET1 (shows the model report), MODEL (shows the country report)

-SET &I=1;
-REPEAT :LOOP 2 TIMES

-SET &SUM_RPT = IF &I EQ 1 THEN 'COUNTRY'
- ELSE IF &I EQ 2 THEN 'MODEL'
- ELSE 'ERROR';

-SET &OPEN_CLOSE_RPT = IF &I EQ 2 THEN 'CLOSE' ELSE 'OPEN';

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM CAR BODYTYPE
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,font='Arial', size=10,ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,TITLETEXT='&SUM_RPT.EVAL' ,$
ENDSTYLE
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM CAR BODYTYPE
BY MODEL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
END

-SET &I=&I+1;
-EXIT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cs_source,

WebFocus 8.02, SQL Server 2008r2

Expert
posted Hide Post
I've noticed if the two tabs have the same name, the second gets overridden with "RECOVERED_SHEET1". Try providing a different name for each tab.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
hi Francis,

Thank you that did help when I made the change in names I get repetitive tab names:

-SET &I=1;
-REPEAT :LOOP 2 TIMES

-SET &SUM_RPT = IF &I EQ 1 THEN 'DQ1'
- ELSE IF &I EQ 2 THEN 'DQ2'
- ELSE 'ERROR';

-SET &OPEN_CLOSE_RPT = IF &I EQ 2 THEN 'CLOSE' ELSE 'OPEN';

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM CAR BODYTYPE
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,font='Arial', size=10,ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,TITLETEXT='&SUM_RPT.1' ,$
ENDSTYLE
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM CAR BODYTYPE
BY MODEL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,font='Arial', size=10,ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,TITLETEXT='&SUM_RPT.2' ,$
ENDSTYLE
END

-SET &I=&I+1;
-EXIT

Output is: DQ1 -(country report), DQ21 -(bodytype report), DQ12 -(country report again...), it seems that's its looping 3 times, even with the different tab names.

WebFocus 8.02, SQL Server 2008r2