Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Chaining forward and backwards

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Chaining forward and backwards
 Login/Join

posted
Okay, let's say I have a simple (car) report that is filtered by country, car, model and seats. I then create an HTML page because I want to (I think) chain these filters. Pretty simple stuff. If I select Japan, it filters down and gives me the options available for car (Toyota), and the same with model (Corolla) and seats (4).

I can switch the direction of the chaining so that if I want all the cars with 4 seats I can select the number of seats first, then the models with that many seats, and then it will filter the other way through the car and country options.

My question is, is there a way to have both of these options at that same time? So at any given time the user can select, for instance, a certain car and it will filter down the models associated with that car and seats, but also the other way to country so the user can see what country it is from. Or anything similar? I've been searching chaining but didn't find anything useful but it may be something total different and I'm just not looking in the right place... Or maybe we just can't do it!

Anyways, thanks for you help!

-Justin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
I've never tried something like that. But maybe you could create two HTML pages? One would chain the first way, the other would be the reverse chain.

Then maybe you could embed both chained HTML pages into a third HTML page using two Frame controls. It would then look like one HTML page with two sets of filters.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input Squatch. I think I understand what you mean. I'll see if I can make that work.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs