Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Conditional BAR and Free Text in FML

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Conditional BAR and Free Text in FML
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I'm using an FML hierarchy to create a report with 3 sections: Revenue, Salaries, and Expenses. I want to use the same report for multiple departments. Some departments only have revenue and expenses and no salaries. My question is how can I conditionally include/exclude the BAR underlines and Free Text (for headings) so the reports with no Salary section have no Salary heading or the bars around the totals if there is no salary information ?

Thanks,
Bethany

Server Environment: Win2K3 Server WebFOCUS 7.13 Apache Tomcat standalone application server

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That's a tough one that I have not found a way around yet. I've been back doing a lot of FML lately and have been annoyed by the same problem. You can use WHEN EXISTS to remove the data, but the BAR still shows up as would any freeform text. I've thought of possibly adding a conditional sylte to change the font color to white, but didn't like the idea much so never did anything more with that. Any other ideas, anyone?

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Darin,

I've created a new column in my final output called SALDAT that is a "Y" if there is salary data for the department and null if there isn't any. I'm trying to use an IF statement in the output to skip the code for the salary section if SALDAT is null.

Eg. (The green is the IF statements. Disregard the '|' after the < the

SET FORMULTIPLE = ON
TABLE FILE VU_ACCT_HIER
SUM
BUDGET AS 'Revised Annual,Budget'
ACTUAL AS 'Actuals'
COMPUTE CYREMAIN/D12.2 = BUDGET - ACTUAL; AS 'Remaining'
COMPUTE CYUSED/D12.2 = (ACTUAL/BUDGET) * 100; AS 'CY,% Used'
LYEDACT AS 'Last Year End,Actuals'
LYTDACT AS 'LYTD,Actuals'
COMPUTE PYREMAIN/D12.2 = LYEDACT - LYTDACT; AS 'LY Used'
COMPUTE PYUSED/D12.2 = (LYTDACT/LYEDACT) * 100; AS 'LY,% Used'
-IF &LVLS NE 'ALL' GOTO SUMRY;
BY DESCR NOPRINT PAGE-BREAK
-GOTO NEXTPRT
-SUMRY
BY ALL NOPRINT
-NEXTPRT
FOR SUM_ID
25 AS CAPTION OVER
25 WITH CHILDREN 1 WHEN EXISTS AS CAPTION OVER
BAR OVER
25 ADD WHEN EXISTS AS 'OPERATING REVENUE TOTAL' LABEL REV OVER
BAR OVER
36 AS CAPTION OVER

-IF <|SALDAT EQ 'Y' GOTO INCLDSAL ELSE GOTO SKIPSAL;
-INCLDSAL
37 AS CAPTION OVER
37 WITH CHILDREN ALL WHEN EXISTS AS CAPTION OVER
BAR OVER
37 ADD AS 'OPERATING SALARY TOTAL' LABEL SALTOT OVER
BAR OVER
-SKIPSAL
" " OVER
46 AS 'NON-SALARY DIRECT EXPENSE' OVER
46 WITH CHILDREN 1 WHEN EXISTS AS CAPTION OVER
BAR OVER
46 ADD AS 'NON-SALARY DIRECT EXPENSE TOTAL' LABEL EXP OVER
BAR OVER

-IF <|SALDAT EQ 'Y' GOTO INCSAL ELSE GOTO SKIPSAL2;
-INCSAL
RECAP EXPTOT = SALTOT +  EXP; AS 'OPERATING EXPENSE TOTAL' OVER
RECAP EXPTOT(4) = (EXPTOT(2)/EXPTOT(1)) * 100;  OVER
RECAP EXPTOT(8) = (EXPTOT(6)/EXPTOT(5)) * 100;  OVER
BAR OVER
RECAP ALLTOTAL/P12.2CB = REV - SALTOT  - EXP; AS 'TOTAL' OVER
RECAP ALLTOTAL(4)/P5.2% = (ALLTOTAL(2)/ALLTOTAL(1) * 100);  OVER
RECAP ALLTOTAL(8)/P5.2% = (ALLTOTAL(6)/ALLTOTAL(5) * 100);  OVER
-GOTO FINRPT2
-SKIPSAL2
RECAP EXPTOT = EXP; AS 'OPERATING EXPENSE TOTAL' OVER
RECAP EXPTOT(4) = (EXPTOT(2)/EXPTOT(1)) * 100;  OVER
RECAP EXPTOT(8) = (EXPTOT(6)/EXPTOT(5)) * 100;  OVER
BAR OVER
RECAP ALLTOTAL/P12.2CB = REV  - EXP; AS 'TOTAL' OVER
RECAP ALLTOTAL(4)/P5.2% = (ALLTOTAL(2)/ALLTOTAL(1) * 100);  OVER
RECAP ALLTOTAL(8)/P5.2% = (ALLTOTAL(6)/ALLTOTAL(5) * 100);  OVER
-FINRPT2
BAR AS '='
WHERE BUDGET NE 0 OR ACTUAL NE 0 OR LYEDACT NE 0 OR LYTDACT NE 0;
HEADING
"Loyola University Chicago"
"Report of Operating Expenses Excluding Scholarships"
"<DESCR"
"&ENDDATE"
""
FOOTING
"<SALDAT "
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT
END 

Can you refer to a value in the table in an IF statement using the "<" before the column name like "
Bethany

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bethany,

Server Environment: Win2K3 Server WebFOCUS 7.13 Apache Tomcat standalone application server

Expert
posted Hide Post
Bethany, unfortunately you can't refer to data values when mixing Dialogue Manager commands and WebFOCUS code, -IF is Dialogue Manager and relies on variables not data.

I haven't looked at your code in detail, but here's a possibility:

Create a compound report, one part would be for Departments with Revenue, Expenses and Salaries, the other part would be for Departments with Revenue, Expenses and no Salaries. SInce this would be two different TABLE commands, you could leave out the Salary related code in the secomnd part of the compound report.

This, of course, means that the Departments would not be in alphanumeric order in the compound report but split into two different sections which could be highlighted in the report heading.

Just an idea...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Great idea Francis. The compound report works.

Bethany

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis already gave the answer. There isn't a way to reference fields in Dialogue Manager except by holding them and then reading them in as &variables. Francis solution would possible work (except for the sorting), but in my case, I have other "sub" sections with BARs before totals so i would have to create separate reports for each section. Then that is defeating the whole purpose of using hierarchies, because everything is hard-coded.
argh!
What we need is a conditional BAR that checks to see if the previous line(s) exists

BAR AS '-' WHEN EXISTS LABEL1, LABEL2, LABEL3

OR

functionality that provides an automatic subtotal for a rollup section that includes a BAR. Currently you must explicitly specify the subtotal line 'value' ADD ALL. You can get them automatically by 'value' WITH CHILDREN ALL ADD but it appears at the top of the section instead of as a bottom like NORMAL subtotals.

Guess it's time for a new feature request.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post