Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Autoprompt error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Autoprompt error
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone!

I've a very strange behavour running some fexes that ask user to select certains values from a listbox through autoprompt

At running time the listbox doesnt show any value nor any error

It is no difference if it is running under IE or Google Chrome, those listbox allways remain unloaded.

The issue is that if I run those fexes, it runs with no problem at all, the listbox is loaded to let the user select a desired value. So it is related with the rest of the orzanization user's.

As sysadmin I've tried to change certains characteristic of a user that I choose to test the issue.

I've changed his role to a local machine administrator (As me)
(In case that the problem was lack of permission to run any script)

I've changed his role to administrator in the WebFocus Client (As me)
(In case that the problem was lack permission to get any property)

I've tried both IE as Chrome.

But the problem remains...

The listbox isn't loaded so the user cant select anything.

The tool to write the report seems is not relevant for the issue because it happens when the fex comes from InfoAssist ,Developer or handmade.

Do you hear previously about an issue like this? (If not, I'll open a case with IBI guys)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vitoto,

WF 8.1
Windows Server 2008
SQL Server 2012

Posts: 24 | Registered: September 04, 2013Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Does your fex has a line ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML ?

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Could it be a cross-domain issue?

User retrieves html from
http://myibiserver.foobar.com/ibiaps/.....

while the listboxes try to access
http://46.235.44.7/ibiapps/....

?

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Rifaz...

the listbox appears through the autoprompt asking the user for parameters, so the fex actually hasn't run yet really.

Dave... As I suposse the listbox try to acces this link either way running fex or through autoprompt ... Is there any way to change this IP to the description name for the server??. I think this could be a clue to solve the problem

WF 8.1
Windows Server 2008
SQL Server 2012

Master
posted Hide Post
Vitoto,

sorry. I don't know.

Can you trace at serverside to see whether the query to fill the dropdown is run at all?

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Vitoto,
What is your Windows server locale? We have had similar issue for long time ( everytime we update our systems and forgot to copy files )

So fix would be creating some new style/js files.

Regards,

Release: WebFOCUS 8104, AppStudio: 8105
Output: HTML,Excel,Active Reports

posted Hide Post
What js files?

Did you have also some users that could load the listbox values and others couldnt?

I don't understand why some css or js files could be related. If you tell me what files they are I'll try that
Thanks

WF 8.1
Windows Server 2008
SQL Server 2012

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Vitoto,
In our case all users had same experience. Also could you upload screenshot of the unpopuplated listboxes? (So I could confirm we had same case)

But in our case I was able to debug client traces and found out that when creating the parameter prompting page, WebFOCUS is fetching some CSS/Style/JS files from /WebFOCUS80/client/javaassist/intl/ in our case it was tryint to get files from ET/ folder (Estonian) but this folder does not exist. So we had to make our own taking EN/ folder as an example. (also had to rename files in that folder to be ET instead of EN)

Hopefully you can understand or administrators can check this. But its related to Widnows Server locale. WebFOCUS somehow get the locale from server and then tries to get correct files.

posted Hide Post
Ok... I'll check it
I think that must be a different issue cos the problem affects to most users but not all.

I'll try to load an image of the empty listbox.

I'd tried to trace it but I couldn't find the way to do it. Could I ask yo to tell me how to trace the autoprompt, as the SET ECHO = ALL doesn't work because the fex didnt run yet.

Thanks a lot

WF 8.1
Windows Server 2008
SQL Server 2012

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Client traces information is here under WebFOCUS Client Traces. And in our case I found useful information from WFServlet trace.

posted Hide Post
SOLVED!!!!

I became nut finding clues on the server traces and on the client side..... and it was for nothing....

I've been following falses clues.... but finally I've find what was the differences between users.... and I think it is a security bug

It is related with user roles

Most company users are in a Basic User Role (By Domain), just a few of them are as Advanced Users (only for InfoAssist users). I finally check that those users (Advanced) , has the problem, So I checked those different values between roles. I change advanced user role to have the same cappabilities of the basic role... and it was no luck at all.... I said...????????????

If both roles are identically marked... what fails???

The only way I could make it worked, was having users in both groups (Advanced and Basic).... it is the reason that makes me thing it is a bug, because if the roles are identical... I dont see why it Works just having the user as Advanced and as Basic user, although the resource security doesnt change at all....

Anyway.... Thank you guys.... All of u are the best!!!!

Happy New Year from Spain

WF 8.1
Windows Server 2008
SQL Server 2012