Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Getting SB37 - 04 abend

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Getting SB37 - 04 abend
 Login/Join

posted
HI, I'm using below code to execute:
Focexec Code is:
MATCH FILE MIDAS2
SUM CHGAMT
FIXCOST
VARCOST
PTNAME
SEX
BIRTHDATE
SSN
ZIP
ADMDATE
MRN
PTTYPE
NURSTA
TYPE
FACI
FILL2
FILL16
FILL17
BY SVCCD7
BY PTNO
WHERE CHGAMT GT .00
RUN

FILE MIDAS
SUM REVCD
BY SVCCD7
AFTER MATCH HOLD OLD
END

SET WIDTH = 200
TABLE FILE HOLD
SUM FILL16
PTNO
FILL2
REVCD
FILL2
CHGAMT
FILL2
FIXCOST
FILL2
VARCOST
FILL2
PTNAME
FILL2
SEX
FILL2
BIRTHDATE
FILL2
SSN
FILL2
ZIP
FILL2
ADMDATE
FILL2
MRN
FILL2
PTTYPE
FILL2
NURSTA
FILL2
TYPE
FILL2
FACI
FILL16
FILL17
BY PTNO NOPRINT
BY REVCD NOPRINT
WHERE CHGAMT GT .00
ON TABLE SAVE AS MLFILE
END

JCL to execute my focus query:

//FOCLIB DD DSN=FOCUS.FOCLIB.LOAD,DISP=SHR
//USERLIB DD DSN=FOCUS.FOCLIB.LOAD,DISP=SHR
// DD DSN=FOCUS.FUSELIB.LOAD,DISP=SHR
//FOCSORT DD DISP=(NEW,DELETE),SPACE=(CYL,(100,50),RLSE),VOL=(,,,90),
// UNIT=SYSDA
//FOC$HOLD DD DISP=(NEW,DELETE),SPACE=(CYL,(100,50),RLSE),VOL=(,,,90),
// UNIT=SYSDA
//*
//SYSUDUMP DD SYSOUT=*,DCB=(RECFM=FBA,LRECL=133,BLKSIZE=23408)
//SYSIN DD DSN=JHL.FOCUS.FOCINPUT(MIDASA),DISP=SHR
//MIDAS2 DD DSN=IMIMKT.JHL.MIDAS001.BILL2OUT,DISP=SHR
//MIDAS DD DSN=IMIMKT.JHL.MIDAS001.QCMIDA,DISP=SHR
// DD DSN=JHL.MIDAS.ROOM.CHGS,DISP=SHR
//MLFILE DD DSN=IMIMKT.JHL.MIDAS001.BILL.FILEOUT,
// DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),UNIT=SYSDA,
// SPACE=(CYL,(100,50),RLSE),VOL=(,,,90),
// DCB=(RECFM=FBA,BLKSIZE=2000,LRECL=200)
//**********************************************************************

And I'm getting SB37 - 04 Abend. I tried maximum amount of space. The description is:

IEF403I IMIMKT01 - STARTED - TIME=11.45.14
IEC030I B37-04,IFG0554A,IMIMKT01,JBSTEP31,HOLD,01B4,WORK23,SYS08317.T115011.RA00
IEA995I SYMPTOM DUMP OUTPUT 563
SYSTEM COMPLETION CODE=B37 REASON CODE=00000004
TIME=11.50.59 SEQ=18788 CPU=0000 ASID=006B

Please avise.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Win XP
HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
It looks like the space error is for the HOLD file which would be written to FOCSORT or FOC$HOLD.

Try putting a record limit in to reduce the number of rows to see if it runs. And/or increase the size of the work files.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Allocate ddname HOLD explicitly in the jobstep, with a generous amount of space.

When you don't preallocate it, Focus issues a default allocation, such as (CYLS,(5,10)), based on entries in a config file (run a search on 'IBITABLA'). Apparently the default allocation at your site is inadequate for your result set.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
FILL2
FILL16
FILL17

If these are constants, cut them out of the Match File verb object list, and use Define or Compute to make them available in your final Table ... Save.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post