Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED - NFR] EXL07 Print Page Break

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED - NFR] EXL07 Print Page Break
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi All, I am facing a continuity problem for one of my EX07 report while printing. My Report format is as follows.

<Header>
<Subhead1>
<row1>
<row2>
<subtotal1>
<subfoot1>
<subhead2>
<row1>
<row2>
<subtotal2>
<subfoot2>
<subhead20>
<row1>
<row2>
<subtotal20>
<subfoot20>
<Footing>

While printing certain subhead section is panning across two pages like below.
<page1>
<header>
<Subhead1>
<row1>
<row2>
<subtotal1>
<subfoot1>

<Subhead2>
<row1>
<row2>
---end of page

<page2>
<subtotal2>
<subfoot2>
<footer>

But i need something like this
<page1>
<header>
<Subhead1>
<row1>
<row2>
<subtotal1>
<subfoot1>
---end of page

<page2>
<Subhead2>
<row1>
<row2>
<subtotal2>
<subfoot2>
<footer>
--end of page

FYI - Certain pages may have more than 3 or four Subhead's depending on the number of rows for that sort field.

I have tried NOSPLIT , SET PRINTPLUS=ON but couldnt figure out to skip the Subhead section for sort field to next page if it doesnt fit in the current page. ANy suggestions would be helpful.

I couldnt do PAGE-BREAK because i dont want the header and footer to be printed on each and every page. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tomatosauce,

Tharun Katanguru
SBOX- 8205 DEV/TEST/PROD : 8105 8205
Linux, All Outputs

Posts: 52 | Location: BOWL OF PASTA | Registered: October 13, 2016Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It's not clear for me.

Is it a printing issue (when printing Excel report on paper) or a report formatting issue (visual layout of the report) ?

Using PAGE-BREAK is probably the best option. But it won't solve a print issue on paper. You need Excel page-break not a Focus page-break.

You can also use Report Heading/Footing instead of Page Heading/Footing as follow if this can solve your issue:
[code]
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
BY COUNTRY

ON COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK

ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"Report Header"

HEADING
"Page Header"

FOOTING
"Page Footer"

ON TABLE SUBFOOT
"Report Footer"

ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
[code]

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
MartinY,

It is a printing issue (When printing Excel Report on Paper).

As you said, I need a Excel Page Break (probably a macro that checks for the number of records in a sheet and if it exceeds the size of sheet then move it in to next page).

From your above example, if i change the output to EXL2K try to print on A6 paper, you can see the third section panning over page 1 and 2 (For Country ITALY - Header is one page and the rest of the section is on the other page)

Tharun Katanguru
SBOX- 8205 DEV/TEST/PROD : 8105 8205
Linux, All Outputs

Posts: 52 | Location: BOWL OF PASTA | Registered: October 13, 2016Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You won't be able to control the Excel page-break with Focus... especially where users can change the page format as they wish in Excel - so how could you properly manage the page break...?

Yes you can create an Excel macro that will format the page and insert Excel page-break. But for above reason will you spend time to do it ?
If you create a macro it should not manage the page-break, but the "Rows to repeat at top". That way, no matter the selected page format, the same heading will be repeated on each page.

What you can do and I suggest, is to break your data into several Excel tabs. That way you will minimize the impact of the page-break that can occurs in middle of data since each set of data has its own page set.
Then you could add the Excel macro that will manage the "Rows to repeat at top", not the page-break.
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
BY COUNTRY
ON COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK

ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"Report Header"

HEADING
"Page Header"

FOOTING
"Page Footer"

ON TABLE SUBFOOT
"Report Footer"
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE SET COMPOUND BYTOC
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

With the above sample, the "Report Heading" will appear only in first tab and the "Report Footing" in the last. So you may not want to include that.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post