Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Calendar icon not hidding when groupbox it is contained in is hidden.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Calendar icon not hidding when groupbox it is contained in is hidden.
 Login/Join

posted
We have a parameter HTML page created in the HTML Layout Painter that uses Javascript to hide/unhide edit boxes based on a radio button that is selected. One of those groupbox's contains an edit field set as a control type Calendar.

Our problem is that when that groupbox is hidden, the edit field within it hides as well, but the actual calendar icon you click on to bring up the calendar to select from does not hide.

Does anyone know of a way to hide this as well?

We are doing a basic, groupbox3.style.visibility = "hidden";, on the groupbox.

When highlighting the calendar icon on run, it refers to it as edit2_calendar.show(). So naturaly I tried to place a edit2_calendar.hide(), but it returns the error "object doesn't support this property or method".

I also tried edit2_calendar.style.visibility = "hidden" and I get "'edit2_calendar.style' is null or not an object".

Finally, if I try edit2.style.visibility = "hidden", I get the same problem with the field being in the groupbox, the edit box goes away, the calendar icon stays.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Chet

WebFocus 7.6.2, MRE through SharePoint, Win XP/2k3.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Chet,

Not quite as simple, but try this in your js:
//get all images on the page into array
images=document.getElementsByTagName("img");
//get the number of images in array
numImages = images.length;
//Loop through images and see if it is a dynCalendar
for (i=0;i<numImages;++i) {
  if (images[i].src.indexOf("dynCalendar.gif")>0){
//If it is, hide.
   images[i].style.visibility='hidden';
}
}

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That worked great. I just set the array value in the for loop to a variable in the page load function and then reused that varaibale to hide/show later. Thank you very much.

WebFocus 7.6.2, MRE through SharePoint, Win XP/2k3.