Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Are IBI interested in User developed new features?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Are IBI interested in User developed new features?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
We have modified Amperautoprompt so that:

1. A report running message appears regardless of IE status bar which is often wrong and correctly disappears when the output returns stopping users pressing the run button twice.

2. Setting &TITLE in your .fex causes a banner to appear at the top of the autoprompt panel with the contents of &TITLE so you can see what program you are running.

3. The window name uses &TITLE so you can see whats going on in the task bar.

These are very useful modifications which all users I'm sure would appreciate. The code is very stable and we are close to the latest release.

Would IBI be interested in taking this code without Obligation and using it in the next release?

Would it be as simple as raising a case and uploading the files?

(We'd benefit from this by not have this as a customisation)

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
We have several users who use autoprompting and would benefit from this. So if IBI does decides to use it, we could certainly take advantage of it.

Thanks for sharing!

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2k3

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
<Shane>
posted
That would be a most welcome enhancement.

Shane

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I don't know about IBI, but I for one would love to have this added as a feature. If it is not, then could you please post the code ?

Thanks

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
We could all benefit from both of those!
how about a little side business, john? Smiler
You could finance your way to summit this way!

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
hammo1j,
Information Builders welcomes the opportunity to review and evaluate your customizations to WF Amper Auto-prompting facility. The best way to proceed is for you to open a new feature request case with customer support so we can officially track and monitor this request. Uploading the files needed for the customizations can be done with the case. When you open the case please include that I corresponded with you on Focal Point and that I should be notified of the case. Then we can coordinate the next step which is to schedule a conf call (live meeting) so we can talk directly and ideally see a demonstration and discuss how the enhancements are implemented. Thanks

Susan Trommer
Information Builders

Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Susan

Case: 40532524
Summary: NFR Amper autoprompt Running message + Program name

I have raised this as above

f:\wf76\ibi\WebFOCUS76\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe\APHTMLGen.js (5 KB, 22/06/2006 19:45:26)
f:\wf76\ibi\WebFOCUS76\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe\autoprompt.css (3 KB, 22/03/2007 15:46:53)
f:\wf76\ibi\WebFOCUS76\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe\autoprompt.xsl (26 KB, 22/06/2007 13:32:41)
f:\wf76\ibi\WebFOCUS76\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe\autopromptdefault.htm (5 KB, 09/02/2007 15:38:08)

The modified files are as above. To test and demonstrate the feature would be a simple matter of replacing like named files in your installation.

Naturally there would be a bit more work if you wanted to incorporate it into the product but a fraction of what you would require to develop it from scratch.

In addition

1. The Teletubbies theme problem is solved.

2. The running message avoids the user pressing the play button more than once which is a bane because it starts multiple agents. This would not be a problem if the timer bar on IE worked properly. From 18 months experience this always works and we dont have a problem now.

Regards

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

John,
Thank you for the follow-up to open a NF case. I have informed the product mgr for Amper Auto-prompting of the case. He will review and through the case provide you with an update and feedback. I've also advised him of this topic and that I'm sure the others monitoring this thread would like to know the outcome also.
Regards,
Susan

Susan Trommer
Information Builders