Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     COMPUTE Backcolor in EXL2K (after ACROSS)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
COMPUTE Backcolor in EXL2K (after ACROSS)
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Why is it that the following query will add a backcolor to the rowtotal?

TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM UNITS
BY CATEGORY
BY PRODUCT
ACROSS REGION
ROW-TOTAL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE, BACKCOLOR=SILVER,$
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END

...but this one which essentially does the same thing, does not?

TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM UNITS
BY CATEGORY
BY PRODUCT
ACROSS REGION
COMPUTE ROW_TOT/I10 = C1 + C2 + C3 + C4 ;
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE, BACKCOLOR=SILVER,$
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END

Is there a way to ensure that any COMPUTEd fields after the ACROSS can be styled in EXL2K?

Ken

Posts: 177 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 25, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
That's a good one!

In an HTML report, the column titles of the computed fields get styled, this is probably by accident.

I don't know how to globally identify the computed columns after the ACROSS columns.

Maybe DHAGEN has an idea?

Cheers.

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you tried Column options in your styling. It is tricky to figure the number I've decided, but might work. Here is a fex I've used:
SET ALL=ON
JOIN CLEAR *
JOIN STU_ID IN RTRTTBL_UNO_PROD TO STU_ID IN AARTTBL_UNO_PROD AS J1
TABLE FILE RTRTTBL_UNO_PROD
HEADING
"QUICK VET COUNT"
" AA026 EQ '30' OR '06' OR '35' OR '31' "
"&DATE"
" "
SUM CNT.STU_ID AS 'VET CODE,COUNT' BY AA026
BY AA025
ACROSS RT090 AS 'ENR STATUS'
IF AA026 EQ '30' OR '06' OR '35' OR '31'
IF TERM_CYT EQ '&5POS_TERM'
ON TABLE SUMMARIZE
ON TABLE RECAP
TRUECOUNT/I9 = C4;
ON TABLE SUBFOOT

" "
"ENR OF 'N' MEANS NO LONGER ENROLLED IN TERM"
" "
ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL ROW-TOTAL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE = REPORT, FONT = COURIER, SIZE=12,$
TYPE = HEADING, BACKCOLOR = WHITE, $
TYPE = TABFOOTING, LINE = 2 ,BACKCOLOR = RED,$
TYPE = ACROSSVALUE, COLUMN = 6, BACKCOLOR = RED,$
TYPE = DATA, COLUMN = 6, BACKCOLOR = RED,$
TYPE = GRANDTOTAL, COLUMN = 6 ,BACKCOLOR = RED,$
END

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
On previous, here is the report generated as it is small. Hope it posts okay.
PAGE 1

QUICK VET COUNT
AA026 EQ '30' OR '06' OR '35' OR '31'
07/15/05

ENR STATUS
F H L N T TOTAL
Vet
Ben
Vet

06 NG 19 2 3 6 2 32
RE 43 3 4 3 8 61
30 AD 3 2 4 1 0 10
VE 72 14 16 8 12 122
31 VR 23 7 1 0 5 36
35 CD 59 4 2 2 10 77
SD 5 2 2 0 0 9
TOTAL 224 34 32 20 37 347

ENR OF 'N' MEANS NO LONGER ENROLLED IN TERM

The bottom footer and the column under the N are red.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Leah,

Using COLUMNS did not help me in this instance. I'm not experiencing any problems in highlighting or backcoloring the data, it's just in the column title.

Ken

Posts: 177 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 25, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
K.,

How about using the technique I posted yesterday regarding COMPUTEs and ACROSS: COmpute the fields before the ACROSS and then use SEQUENCE to position them after... In that way, you may then be able to style them like you want to...

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

This works fine for HTML but it's not doing the trick for me in EXL2K. It could be because I'm still working on 5.2.6. The styling is there, it just doesn't sequence the computed field after the across values.

Great suggestion though...

Ken

Expert
posted Hide Post
Oh well!

Expert
posted Hide Post
Ken, Francis,

Forgive me if I'm teaching you how to suck eggs, but there may be other, less informed audience watching.

When holding to EXL2K the output is actually held as HTML with xml tags, as Excel 2000 is XML compliant, and also includes style tags.

The output from the fex above creates three standard style paragraphs, one for left aligned "normal" data (x1100), one for right aligned "normal" data (x1100r) and the final one for the AcrossValue (x1101).

When the table data tags (<TD>Wink are written to the output the Computed field (ROW_TOT) appears to have a class of x10!

To me this appears to be a possible bug - although with the content from other threads at the moment maybe we ought to ask "is this documented syntax?". Wink

My approach would be to raise a case with IB and get them to sort it out.

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
To Ken,

Do you need assistance on opening a case with IB Technical Support Help Desk? You can either call Technical Support Help Desk at 1-800-736-6130, or access the online system InfoResponse at http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com .

Let me know if you need additional info. Hope this helps. Big Grin

Cheers,

Kerry

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Kerry,

I've opened my fair share of cases over the past several years. I was hoping someone in here would have been able to help me since I'm finished up with my current position at the end of the week - and this problem is relevant right here right now.

It is highly unlikely I'll have time to put to this effort for the remainder of the week because of other items I'm trying to address before I leave. I will have one of my associates here open a case to see if they can resolve.

Ken