Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]WebFOCUS accessing reports at wrong location

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]WebFOCUS accessing reports at wrong location
 Login/Join

posted
I created a copy of my WebFOCUS development server, the client and report server, on a new server so that I can test the upgrade. WebFOCUS runs on the new server, but it continues to access the reports that are stored on the development server instead of on the current test server. Any ideas about what is causing this? I found a CGIVARS.WFS file that had the following entry:
< !WFconsole begin Broker>
agent_node = 10.11.12.222
agent_port = 8800
etc.

Could this be what is causing my problem? I tried changing it, but it did not help. Do I have to reboot the server to make the change active?

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darrell,

Webfocus 7.6.5
Windows XP
Windows server 2003 sp2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A couple of things -

First of all, (not to rain on your parade) but you need to be careful about licensing considerations when creating additional copies of your server on separate boxes. Unless specified in your license agreement, standard WF licensing does not permit this.

Second, in the configuration of your client, you have specified the default WF server which has a host name/IP address. If you have just copied everything, then that will still point to the address of your previous server. You should access the client console and reconfigure your default WF server with the IP of your test box. There are other ways of doing this, but using the console is the safest.

Third, refer to the first item and make sure you stay legal.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
If you make manual changes to any of the wfs script files
then you need to restart the web server, application server, WebFocus
and Report Caster if you have it.

Using the WebFOCUS administration console may not be an option as the link
will be pointing to the wrong machine.

There are several other files that also require changing and if you have
just done a straight copy on a windows based system then you will be
missing required registry entries.

You should always install and not create a copy of an installation, having
as Darin very correctly said ensured that you are not violating your
license agreement.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The node you referenced is for Report Caster. If you are submitting queries from Report Caster to another reporting server, you'll need to add the additional server to your Report Caster configuration.

For WebFOCUS Client, it's probably easier just to go through the WebFOCUS Admin Console and then configure the additional reporting Server node. Since you're just testing, you may,
via URL add the IBIC_server= or via MR just change the properties and point to the additional node you've created.