Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] changing to Hourglass cursor is not displaying while populating the data

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] changing to Hourglass cursor is not displaying while populating the data
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

We have a report consists of 5 list boxes.If i click the first(Parent) box data's are populated in the remaining boxes using chaining method.While data is populating in the childboxes need to display a hour glass cursor to represent that data is loading.(By default arrow is shown)

For this,the approach is while clicking some data in the first box, onchange event will call a function ,inside the function below code added:

document.body.style.cursor = 'Wait';

This code is working only when there is an alert message is added before this line.Otherwise hourglass cursor is not displaying/working at all.

But i need to display the hourglass cursor only don't want to display the alert message.

Any idea.Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Veda

Webfocus version: 7.6.11

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7.6.11
Windows XP
HTML,PDF & EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
This is a JavaScript question, so visit JavaScript forums. As well, how would you intend to change the cursor back to the pointer, it's not that easy to capture completion of the event.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.Yes,I'll search in other javascript forums.While data's are populating hourglass icon displayed and the cursor back to the pointer automatically after the population is done.There is no separate code written for calling back.

Thanks,
Veda

Webfocus 7.6.11
Windows XP
HTML,PDF & EXCEL

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
As well, how would you intend to change the cursor back to the pointer,

Hi Veda/Francis,

I noticed that the "document.body.style.cursor = 'Wait'" can be used to make the cursor as hourglass and it is automatically changing back to the arrow cursor once finished. I think the actual issue is that , this particular command is working only with an alert message.

Note:- I am currently using 7.6.11

Thanks and Regards,
Johney Joseph.

Version 7.6.11
Webfocus installed in AIX 5.3,
desktop PC: Windows-XP based
Output: Excel, HTML, PDF

posted Hide Post
Hi,

I have simulated the issue with car example using 2 listboxes.There also hourglass cursor not shown.Please check the below code am using.
for calling hourglass cursor.
function changecom()
{
if (document.forms[0].count.value == "0")
{
document.forms[0].count.value =1;
alert('Please wait for few seconds while other boxes being get populated');
}
alert('After this message hourglass cursor shown');
document.body.style.cursor = 'Wait'
}

<FORM name=frm1 form_type="2"> 
  <SELECT style="Z-INDEX: 1; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 340px; HEIGHT: 120px; TOP: 100px; LEFT: 230px"
        id=listbox1 tabIndex=1 multiple onchange=changecom[); size=3 persistentuniqueid="compUid_2" name="listbox1">
  </SELECT>
  <SELECT style="Z-INDEX: 2; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 340px; HEIGHT: 120px; TOP: 250px; LEFT: 230px"
        id=listbox2 tabIndex=2 multiple size=3 persistentuniqueid="compUid_3" name="listbox2">
  </SELECT>
  <INPUT id=count value=0 type=hidden persistentuniqueid="compUid_7" name="count">
</FORM>

In the above code, if i comment the alert message (alert('After this message hourglass cursor shown')Wink then hour glass cursor will not be showing.But i dont want to display the alert message.

Thanks,
Veda

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Veda,

Webfocus 7.6.11
Windows XP
HTML,PDF & EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
Veda,

Go to your last post and delete it using the edit icon. Then go back to your prior post and, again, edit it and enclose the code within [ code] and [/code] tag pairings. Then your code will look something like this -

function changecom()
{
if (document.forms[0].count.value == "0")
{
document.forms[0].count.value =1;
alert('Please wait for few seconds while other boxes being get populated');
}
alert('After this message hourglass cursor shown');
document.body.style.cursor = 'Wait'
}

<FORM name=frm1 form_type="2"> 
  <SELECT style="Z-INDEX: 1; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 340px; HEIGHT: 120px; TOP: 100px; LEFT: 230px"
        id=listbox1 tabIndex=1 multiple onchange=changecom[); size=3 persistentuniqueid="compUid_2" name="listbox1">
  </SELECT>
  <SELECT style="Z-INDEX: 2; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 340px; HEIGHT: 120px; TOP: 250px; LEFT: 230px"
        id=listbox2 tabIndex=2 multiple size=3 persistentuniqueid="compUid_3" name="listbox2">
  </SELECT>
  <INPUT id=count value=0 type=hidden persistentuniqueid="compUid_7" name="count">
</FORM>

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your suggestion

Webfocus 7.6.11
Windows XP
HTML,PDF & EXCEL

posted Hide Post
Hi Veda,

I am also working on this issue quite long time. I tried your code using the CAR table. I am getting hour glass cursor after commenting the alert. But the problem I faced is that hour glass cursor displays in the other part of page and not on the controls present in HTML page (for eg: listbox1 and listbox2).

I hour glass cursor can be get back to default cursor by using the below code
document.body.style.cursor = 'Default';

In this another issue is present, this hour glass cursor displays only after the listbox2 values loaded in it.

And my question is, in which event will make this hour glass cursor back to the default cursor?

If anyone had any suggestion, please help. I am trying this issue for long time.

Thanks,
Kumaravel.M

Posts: 13 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And one more thing FYI, I am using WebFOCUS 7.6.10

Thanks,
Kumaravel.M

Posts: 13 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kumuravel,

Thanks for your reply.I have checked again commenting after alert message.But not able find the hourglass cursor.Very rarely say out of 10 times,Once hourglass cursor visible(selecting All data in the listbox) but immediately disappears

we are not using any code to getting back the cursor for the default mode.This cursor changing to arrow by using internal setting in the webfocus server i guess.

I have tried with your above code for cursor changing but its not taking without alert message.

Thanks

Webfocus 7.6.11
Windows XP
HTML,PDF & EXCEL