Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] ReportCaster rcExport2XML.bat errors??:

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] ReportCaster rcExport2XML.bat errors??:
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hey everyone,

So, we have attempted to run the rcExport2XML.bat file that the Migration manual tells us to use to export ReportCaster content from 7.x to 8.x. I did first copy the rc directory over from the utilities directory of our 8.x install to the 7.x ...\ReportCaster76\rc directory like we are supposed to do.

When we run it we get to the "Do you want to export all ReportCaster content, or only Library content?" question and select an option. But then we get a stack trace chain of errors displaying for a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/resource/ResourceException being thrown saying "Could not find the main class: ibi.broker.Export2XML. Program will exit. Press any key to continue..."

Has anyone here ever ran into this error before and know how to fix it? Where would I find this class file if I did want to find it?

Any help and expertise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Edit the bad file and look for line that starts with the following

call %~dpo\..\..\Reportcaster

Make sure this matches your path to Report caster

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolGuy:
I did first copy the rc directory over from the utilities directory of our 8.x install to the 7.x ...\ReportCaster76\rc directory like we are supposed to do.

Your copying didn't accidentally create a directory ...\ReportCaster76\rc\rc?

The error you're seeing looks familiar from when we had that utility copied to the wrong location; in our case the utility's files were copied directly into the ReportCaster directory instead of to an rc\ subdirectory.

It's also possible that the utility has trouble with the appended version number on the ReportCaster directory. I think your safest bet in that case would be to create a symbolic link (UNIX/Linux) or junction (Windows NTFS) named ReportCaster to the ReportCaster76 directory.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
CLH,

So, I went into the rcExport2XML.bat file and found this section of code:

if exist %~dp0\..\..\ReportCaster (
  call %~dp0\..\..\ReportCaster\bin\classpath.bat
) else (
  if exist %~dp0\..\..\ReportCaster76 (
    call %~dp0\..\..\ReportCaster76\bin\classpath.bat
  )
)
set CLASSPATH=%~dp0\rcExport2XML.jar;%CLASSPATH%

set EXPDIRLOC=.\

java %JAVA_OPTS% -Dfile.encoding=%ENCODING% -cp "%CLASSPATH%" ibi.broker.Export2XML ^
cfgDir="%DSINSTALL%/cfg" ^
user=%USERNAME% ^
password=%PASSWORD% ^
location=%EXPDIRLOC% ^
isLibFile=%EXPLIB% ^
isPartial=%MIGMR% ^
IncNonDomainSchedLib=%INCNONDOMAIN% ^
isLibOnly=%LIBONLY%

I also went into the classpath.bat file and found this code:

set CMD_LINE_ARGS=
rem set CMD_LINE_ARGS=MASTER -f
rem set CMD_LINE_ARGS=FAILOVER
set DSINSTALL=D:\ibi\ReportCaster76
set DSINSTALL_PROD=D:\ibi\ReportCaster76
set DSHOST=<the name of our server>
set DSPORT=<port number>
set CLASSPATH=C:\Microsoft_SQL_Server_2005\sqljdbc_1.2\enu\sqljdbc.jar;;;%DSINSTALL_PROD%\lib\reportcaster.jar;

Do you see anything that looks off?
Where would I check to see what our path to ReportCaster is? Sorry, I'm new to this. Thanks for your help though!

Wep5622,

I took the rc directory from the \\..\..\ibi\WebFOCUS81\utilities directory and copied it into the
\\..\ibi\ReportCaster76 directory making the path \\..\ibi\ReportCaster76\rc without any sign of copying it into an additional rc subdirectory of rc, and I did not take the files from the rc directory and copy them all directly into the ReportCaster76 directory either. So things are as they should be...I think.

I'm not sure the appended version number on the ReportCaster76 directory is an issue due to the check made in the batch file (seen above). If I were wanting to create a junction (Windows) as you call it, how & where would I go to do such? Again, I'm sorry I'm so new at this stuff. Trying to learn as fast as I can. Appreciate your help a lot though.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Looks like you did things correctly then.

I once created a junction on a Windows 7 NTFS file system, but I have since forgotten how to do that. I don't normally care for Windows admin tasks, that's the very last operating system I would ever want to manage on any scale beyond home use. Don't even remember how I know about junctions, I must have picked that up somewhere...

What I do recall is that we opened a case for the migration tool with some urgency and that we got help from IBI support fairly quickly.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Oh no worries man. Thanks though. Sounds pretty intense. I agree Windows can be a pain. Hoping after the initial bugs get ironed out that Windows 10 will be a lot better. Just upgraded my home laptop to Windows 10 Home. Haven't had time to play with it yet, but looks pretty slick.

I have opened/updated a case with IBI on getting help with our migration issues. I haven't heard back yet, but hope to here soon.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I eventually figured out that I was mistakenly not running the .bat script on the server/box we were exporting from. After running it on the needed server/box we were able to run it without issue. Never knew we had to do that until now. Figured it out though. That's the main thing.