Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Customized HOLD file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] Customized HOLD file
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I have just been acquainted with the following:

SET HOLDATTR=ON 
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY AS ('A', 'B', 'C')
END

will show A as title.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY AS ('A', 'B', 'C')
ON TABLE HOLD
END
!type hold.mas
will show B as field name and C as title.

Interesting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Indeed...

Took me a long time to find this:
COMPUTE FIELD/D12 TITLE 'Turnover' = BRT_TO;

Also great to create new titles for fields. Works in defines as well.

I even use it to 'rename' titles.
DEFINE FILE <our_bv>
    ITEM_NEW/A10 TITLE 'New Item' = ITEM;
END

thanks for the info...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dave,

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes, it seems to respect the case of the text.

Brilliant.

Good One

I wonder if this is in the Keysheet ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Interesting for the DEFINE but the COMPUTE example gives the same result as:
COMPUTE ITEM_NEW/D12=ITEM; AS 'New Item'
, no ?

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
WAZ,
It is in the DEFINE Fields section chapter 4 of the WebFOCUS Keysheet - it became available as of 7.7.01

WebFOCUS 8.0.2, FOCUS since 1977 - John@Aviter.com
PDF , Excel, FOCUS, Author of the Keysheets and Dates book.
www.Aviter.com

Expert
posted Hide Post
George, consider this:
SET HOLDATTR=ON 
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY
COMPUTE ITEM_1/D12 =SALES;  AS 'New Item 1'
COMPUTE ITEM_2/D12 TITLE 'New Item 2' =SALES;  AS 'New Item 2'
COMPUTE ITEM_3/D12 =SALES;  AS ('New Item 3', 'Item_3', 'New Item 3')
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
! type hold.mas

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
AS ('A', 'B', 'C')

Danny, how did you find out about this.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

posted Hide Post
Where is this keysheet I keep reading about?

Release: DevStudio 7703
Outputs: HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
DBA, its the bible
http://www.aviter.com/keysheet/
we all have one , at least one, dog-earred and guarded.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Susannah!

Hello DBADiaz,

If you are interested and would like, drop me an email at vivian@aviter.com and I will forward to you samples from the Keysheet and Dates books/PDFs. If you are attending Summit, please drop by my table and you can look at them "in person".

I think you will be positively impressed.

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

WebFOCUS Keysheet Rel. 8.0.2
(Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates thru Rel. 8.0.2
Focus since 1982
WebFOCUS since the beginning
Vivian@aviter.com

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
there should be a 'book signing party', just like on Castle.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I was thinking of having my son-in-law Christian Lagadec who is currently the castle spy on Grimm grace my desk at Summit.

Is that close to Castle??? One day we will have a book signing party --- when Summit comes to the west coast and John Price, author, does not have to travel so far from his chair!

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

WebFOCUS Keysheet Rel. 8.0.2
(Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates thru Rel. 8.0.2
Focus since 1982
WebFOCUS since the beginning
Vivian@aviter.com

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
!type hold.mas

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the great share.

I've never seen/used '!type'.

Is '!' a way to escape to the operating system?

Is 'type' in this case, the DOS command 'type' to print out the contents of a file?

How does the command know what folder contains the .mas?

Thanks,
Dave

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is '!' a way to escape to the operating system?

Yes it it.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984