Focal Point
[SOLVED] Active HTML export to excel breaks in the middle

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3807096116

October 26, 2011, 07:13 PM
Saravanan J
[SOLVED] Active HTML export to excel breaks in the middle
Hi All,

I created an Active HTML and in order to allow the user to use the "Export to Excel" feature of the AHTML, the IE ActiveX property has been enabled.. There is no issue in exporting to excel as long as the user maintaince his patience by not clicking on the excel sheet before the entire report is rendered.... Say if there are some 100K records being exported (which takes a considerable amount of time), the excel sheet opens up first and then starts buffering the remaining data. During this time, if the user clicks anywhere on the the excel sheet, the buffering stops abruptly leaving only partial data being exported.... Is there a work around for this issue??? I will be happy if the excel sheet opens up only after all the records are buffered. Which will eliminate this scenario.. Please help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Release : 7.7.02
App Server : Tomcat
all output
October 26, 2011, 08:04 PM
Sayed
I'd give the user an option to select report type (AHTML, EXCEL, PDF, etc..) before running the report.
AHTML wasn't intended for that much data from what I know. It will take up a lot of resource to load that.

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
October 27, 2011, 07:25 PM
Saravanan J
Thanks Sayed, I will try to push that as a alternative. However most of the users play around with the data in the AHTML and try to export only the filtered records to excel..

I tried setting ON TABLE CACHELINES 100 and added the site to my IE Trusted sites. Now the Excel opens up after the entire data is buffered. Since i was making many changes i was not sure which step has fixed my problem. Anyways my issue is fixed for now :-)

Release : 7.7.02
App Server : Tomcat
all output