Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Achieving trusted sign on using WebFOCUS APIs

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Achieving trusted sign on using WebFOCUS APIs
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,

I am using the sample code from the WebFOCUS API dcoumentation (wf713api.pdf) to log into the WebFOCUS using custom Jsp. However, this code expects a username & password to be provided explicitly.

The code from the documentation is given below:

String cgiLocation =
application.getInitParameter("webfocus_client_root")+File.separator+"web"
+File.separator+"cgi";
WFServletVariableTableExtension wfSVTExtension =
new WFServletVariableTableExtension( request, application );
WFApplicationRequest workerReq = new WFApplicationRequest();
WFResponse workerResp = new WFServletResponse( response );
workerReq.addParameter( "IBIWF_action", "WF_SIGNON" );
workerReq.addParameter( "IBIC_user", "admin" );
workerReq.addParameter( "IBIC_pass", "admin" );
workerReq.addParameter("IBIWF_format", "XML");
WFWorkerUtil.processRequest( cgiLocation, workerReq, workerResp,
wfSVTExtension, null ,null, null );

However, I need to sign on a user using trusted authentication. Can you let me know how can I do that? I want to know what value pair should I use to achieve trusted sign on (like workerReq.addParameter ("IBIWF_action", "WF_SIGNON");

Cheers,
Mohan

Master
posted Hide Post
Can you explain what you mean by trusted. The Reason I am asking is that I want to be sure what you call TRUSTED is what IBI calls TRUSTED. Also what platform are you running. I do not believe that windows OS's support TRUSTED.

Scott

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi TexasStingray,

I have a jsp page within a WebLogic portal. The user is required to sign in using his Portal credentials. When this jsp page is run within the portal context, the user should not be authenticated again. Hence, I'm looking for a trusted authentication assuming that the WebLogic portal has already authenticated the user.

I'm running this on Windows platform.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Cheers,
Mohan

Master
posted Hide Post
Are you using MRE/UAS? If you check out IBI's Open Portal Services. If not, you may have to look at setting the WF Reporting Server to only accept connections from a certain machine/IP and turnning security off on it. and have the jsp check to see if they are logged into WebLogic. Just some suggestions.

Sorry I have not been more help

Scott