Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] CAS SSO Authentication through Developer Studio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] CAS SSO Authentication through Developer Studio
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Has anyone setup CAS authenitcation in Developer Studio before? From an MR perspective its simple enough. I have trusted sign on configured and I have set my http variable. Once logged into the MR through SSO I have no issues using developer studio. What I would like though is to be able to log into the SSO directly through Developer Studio. I believe I need to do this through the dssso.xml file on my local but I am having trouble getting that to work. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

below is what I currently have setup in my dssso.xml
  <authentication name="APG_CAS" desc="CAS Dev">
  <sso_logon_resource desc="Logon Resource" read_only="false" visible="false">
   <protocol default="https" /> 
   <host default="rendev.apolloglobal.int" /> 
   <port default="%%environment%%" /> 
   <path desc="" default="/cas/login.ajp" /> 
  </sso_logon_resource>
  <user name="user" desc="User Id" default="%%environment%%" read_only="true" visible="true" /> 
  <password name="password" desc="Password" default="%%environment%%" read_only="true" visible="true" /> 
  <logon_result name="CASSESSION" type="cookie" /> 
  <variable name="auth_mode" default="BASIC" visible="true" /> 
  <variable name="orig_url" read_only="false" visible="true" > 
   <protocol default="%%environment%%" /> 
   <host default="https://bi-dev.apolloglobal.int" /> 
   <port default="%%environment%%" /> 
   <path default="/ibi_html/index.html" /> 
  </variable> 

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eric.woerle,

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I have opened a case with IBI to see what help they may be able to provide. If anyone has any suggestions though, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Eric,

I was wondering if you ever got this to work -- CAS with DS. If you did, would you mind sharing the solution?

I am implementing CAS for WF 8.0.06 and am having issues with DS.

Thanks,
Kim

WebFOCUS 7.702
Linux 64-Bit
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Kim,

I was not able to get CAS working in 7703 with DS. But with 8.0.06, they have introduced the concept of Security Zones. In my sandbox environment I have my main zone set to CAS authentication, and my alternate zone set to the default authentication. This allows me to connect DS through the alternate zone. The Security documentation will explain how to set that up.

One thing to note about the alternate zone is that it uses an IP address. So you may want to consider having CAS be your alternate zone. I haven't been able to fully test my install out for how other users will be affected when it comes to the alternate zone. I do not know yet if the IP addresses of my developers will be consistent enough that I can use a wild card in the IP Address for my Alternate Zone.

Currently in my 7.7.03 install I utilize 2 clients that point to the same reporting server. Both clients are essentially mirrors of each other and I have them both deployed to 1 instance of Tomcat. As well they both utilize the same basedir which I configured in the client. This has allowed me to workaround the issue of not being able to connect DS through CAS. Although this is not the cleanest of approaches and I would express caution to anyone looking to go this route.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2