Focal Point
[CASE CLOSED w/o resolution] How to add Export options to an Active Report?:

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3837038676

June 19, 2015, 11:10 AM
CoolGuy
[CASE CLOSED w/o resolution] How to add Export options to an Active Report?:
Hello!

Our company recently purchased the Active Technologies add-on. We are having difficulties getting the Active Reports (AR) we create to export properly.

The first time we tried to export an AR to Excel it would just pump out XML instead of redirecting to MS Excel. So, I looked in the forums and Tech Support site and found that if I add ON TABLE SET WEBVIEWER ON to the code of the report, it would then redirect to MS Excel, but only as a .xls with some randomly generated name. After launching the .xls file exported, it alerts me saying the the file format and extension do not match, and that the file may be corrupted, etc. I hit Yes to open it anyways and it opens with the data present.

I want to know if we can change the AR Export option for Excel output to redirect the user to MS Excel like before, but save the AR in .xlsx instead of .xls format, and get it to save with the name of the report set in Properties within AppStudio. Also, if there is a way to eradicate that alert that states that the file format and extension don't match. We want a clean and enjoyable experience for our users so they don't have to rename their exported files and they don't get that pop-up saying that their file may be corrupt. Our company is standardizing our Office experience with Office 365 and MS Office 2013 apps if that helps.

I tried to figure out how to utilize the Redirection Settings within the Admin Console to see if that was where I'd go to change the output to .xlsx instead of .xls, and if that would add that option to the AR Export options within the column drop-down menus. Didn't seem to work.

I would appreciate any help on getting some better direction on how to solve these issues.

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
June 19, 2015, 12:17 PM
eric.woerle
CoolGuy,

I think this is one to raise a support ticket for. You will not be able to change the output from .xls to .xlsx. Thats not what redirection settings do. What they WILL do, is if you set it to save on the server first, it will pass the technical name of the report and uses that for the save name. Its worth looking at the documentation to get a better understanding for those.

As for .xls versus .xlsx. Microsoft changed the structure of excel when it went from 2000 to 2007. xml was I think the old way, and I forget what the new way is. It seems that the option you are selecting for Active Technologies is outputing the XL2K format instead of the XL07 format. I would talk to IBI about that.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
June 19, 2015, 01:15 PM
CoolGuy
eric.woerle,

Thanks for your help. I did open a ticket before posting this, but forgot to add the [CASE OPENED] part to the Subject line. Again, thanks for your insights. Will continue to try and figure things out.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
October 20, 2015, 03:16 PM
Craig R.
Adding these lines works for me in v8.1.04:

SET AREXPEXCEL=XLSX
SET WEBVIEWER=ON

It seems to export, however, without honoring the BYDISPLAY ON setting, though! Anybody have a solution for that??

Craig

v8.1.04, 64-bit Windows (Reporting Server), Apache Tomcat (Web/App Server), HTML, PDF, AHTML, Excel outputs