Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]APP MAP across a Windows Domain Boundary

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]APP MAP across a Windows Domain Boundary
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
A free cigar to the person that can answer this question --

I have a focexec that I run to put data into a Shared folder on another machine, like so:

APP MAP RCASTER_TARGET '\\GBWF1\ReportCaster_Target'
APP HOLDMETA RCASTER_TARGET
APP HOLDDATA RCASTER_TARGET

The folder ReportCaster_Target on the GBWF1 machine is a shared folder, where Everyone has Write privilege. It works, I can perform a TABLE FILE command and save a hold file in that location and get the master and the data file.

So my real challenge is to get this to happen across a Windows Domain barrier. The routine will be running in Domain MVSRC and the location I want to drop the files to is MVDST. I don't have access to do this from MVSRC yet, but I'm experimenting within MVDST and tried the following:

APP MAP RCASTER_TARGET '\\MVDST\GBWF1\ReportCaster_Target'
APP HOLDMETA RCASTER_TARGET
APP HOLDDATA RCASTER_TARGET

The result:

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 42 LINES= 25
(FOC418) THE DISK CONTAINING THE FOCUS FILE IS NOT WRITABLE
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 30 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC348) ERROR WRITING HOLD FILE DESCRIPTION TO HOLD MASTER

My guess is this is more about getting the syntax just right, not a fundamental barrier in WF in a Windows architecture.

Here's the question -- has anybody walked this path? Is there a particular way to address machines in a different domain with the APP MAP command?

The only thing I haven't tried is a "-DOS net use" command, and I don't know if my intended server allows DOS commands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you can't get APP MAP to work, have you considered using ! COPY to copy the files to the destination folder?

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm listening . . .

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Maybe something like this:

-SET &APP_FOLDER = IF (&FOCFOCEXEC EQ 'RCASTER')
-                  THEN (GETTOK(&DSTJOBNAME,&DSTJOBNAME.LENGTH,1,'/',&DSTJOBNAME.LENGTH,'A&DSTJOBNAME.LENGTH'))
-                  ELSE &IBIAPP_app ;

APP HOLDMETA &APP_FOLDER
APP HOLDDATA &APP_FOLDER

TABLE FILE xxxx
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLDFILE
END

-RUN
-IF (&LINES EQ 0) GOTO NO_DATA ;

-REPEAT ENDREPEAT1 FOR &I FROM 1 TO 2
-SET &SUFFIX  = IF (&I EQ 1) THEN 'ftm' ELSE 'mas';
-SET &INFILE  = 'C:\ibi\apps\' || &APP_FOLDER || '\HOLDFILE.' || &SUFFIX ;
-SET &OUTFILE = '\\MVDST\GBWF1\ReportCaster_Target\HOLDFILE.' || &SUFFIX ;

! COPY "&INFILE" "&OUTFILE"
-RUN
-IF (&RETCODE NE 0) GOTO COPY_FAIL ;

! DEL "&INFILE"
-RUN

-ENDREPEAT1
-GOTO EXIT

-NO_DATA
-EXIT

-COPY_FAIL
-EXIT

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
My concern is that FOCUS will have as much trouble understanding the domain name in your ! COPY command as it did in the APP MAP command. But I can give it a try.

I have to do all of this through Report Caster, so I don't have easy access or understanding of the app structure I'm working with. My wingmen are being a bit parochial with their data access.