Focal Point
Undesired Horizontal Line Appears in HTML Output

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3841067331

October 01, 2003, 08:35 PM
jodye
Undesired Horizontal Line Appears in HTML Output
Hi There

I am getting a hrizontal line in my HTML output. The line is repated once on each page and is displayed after the final heading line. When I do a view source of the resulting html I see this...

<TR>
<TD COLSPAN=5>
<HR NOSHADE></TD>
</TR>
<TR>

So My question is, why is this line being inserted and how do I get rid of it.

My code is a simple SUM X BY Y ACROSS Z with some heading lines and some subhead lines. I am also using a stylesheet (and there is no mention of an HR in there!).

I will post a better sample if necessary. Actually, I have often seen this problem in many different fexes.

Thanks in advance.
October 13, 2003, 01:54 PM
<mhuber>
Jodye,
If you can reproduce the situation using something like the CAR table, we might be able to help you better. Maybe do a simple SUM SEATS BY COUNTRY ACROSS BODYTYPE. Is your stylesheet a true CSS, or is it WebFOCUS styling? If it's a WF stylesheet, then you can embed the sheet into the FEX that you post here.

More info would be great.
Thanks,
Michael
October 14, 2003, 06:15 PM
jodye
Hi Michael

Thanks for the response. Here is some sample code that will show you what I am talking about. Note that this problem only exists when you use ACROSS and when the grid is off. One suggestion that someone made to me is to change the style of <HR> in the html css to make it white so that it will not appear to the user. The HR is still there though. Any idea how to remove it from the output? Thanks! Jodye.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
BY COUNTRY
ACROSS BODYTYPE
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=OFF,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
October 16, 2003, 08:24 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
Hi,

The HR is there because of the ACROSS and I don't think you can suppress it.

You could use CSS to hide it instead of turning it white. Try this:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
BY COUNTRY
ACROSS BODYTYPE
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=OFF, $
ENDSTYLE
END

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
[html]
[head]