Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [TIP] Multiple versions of jQuery

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[TIP] Multiple versions of jQuery
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I have some jQuery embedded in an HTML page that also has an Active HTML report. Some JavaScript was throwing a strange error. I determined this was due to Active HTML reports in WF v8 have embedded the jQuery library. The embedded library is an old version of jQuery. My JS relies on a new version. Avoiding conflicts is easy: see jQuery.noConflict().

My code:
<script src="/approot/web/jquery-latest-min.js"></script>
<script src="/approot/web/jquery-ui-latest-custom-min.js"></script>
<script src="/approot/web/my-portal-ibi.js"></script>
<script src="/approot/web/my-util.js"></script>
<script>var $j = jQuery.noConflict(true);</script>
<!-- Use $j to reference jQuery, jQuery UI and my utility libraries because WebFOCUS Active HTML reports use an old version of jQuery -->

The embedded JavaScript for Active HTML reports
/*!
 * jQuery JavaScript Library v1.4.2
 * http://jquery.com/

My code that references the newer version of jQuery:
<script>
function runReport(RUN_KEY)
{
var req = new $j.Report.mreRequest('qata_detail.fex', 'manageme', 'qaautomation');

I reference the correct version of jQuery by using $J instead of $.

I don't understand why the whole jQuery library is embedded in the Active HTML report (425 lines) instead of referencing an external js file and I don't know if Information Builders has a more legal method of overriding the old version of jQuery.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I wonder if you could write some js to remove ibi's embedded jquery, assuming the Active HTML page works on the newer version.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The last example on this page suggests this is possible: http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.noConflict/

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
why the whole jQuery library is embedded in the Active HTML report (425 lines) instead of referencing an external js file

Might it be because some sites still do not expose their sites to the www? I know of a couple of sites where this is true so always referencing a local version will ensure that things work OK. Isn't this why you have copied them to your app folder?

I know that it would be more convenient referencing the latest version but you have to cater for all.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Excellent tip, Francis!
Thanks.

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tony, there is no local reference to the jQuery library - the four hundred lines are embedded in every Active HTML report. They should have a one line reference to the library as they do for other libraries, like
<SCRIPT id=IBI_nls type=text/javascript src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js"></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT id=IBI_nlsVars type=text/javascript src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nlsvars.js"></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigbl type=text/javascript src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js"></SCRIPT>

For Active HTML reports:
/*!
 * jQuery JavaScript Library v1.4.2
 * http://jquery.com/
 * Copyright 2010, John Resig
 * Dual licensed under the MIT or GPL Version 2 licenses.
 * http://jquery.org/license
 * Includes Sizzle.js
 * http://sizzlejs.com/
 * Copyright 2010, The Dojo Foundation
 * Released under the MIT, BSD, and GPL Licenses.
 * Date: Sat Feb 13 22:33:48 2010 -0500
 */
(function(A,w){function ma(){if(!c.isReady){try{s.documentElement.doScroll("left")}catch(a){setTimeout(ma,1);return}c.ready()}}function Qa(a,b){b.src?c.ajax({url:b.src,async:false,dataType:"script"}):c.globalEval(b.text||b.textContent||b.innerHTML||"");
b.parentNode&&b.parentNode.removeChild(b)}function X(a,b,d,f,e,j){var i=a.length;if(typeof b==="object"){for(var o in b)X(a,o,b[o],f,e,d);return a}if(d!==w){f=!j&&f&&c.isFunction(d);for(o=0;o<i;o++)e(a[o],
b,f?d.call(a[o],o,e(a[o],b)):d,j);return a}return i?
e(a[0],b):w}function J(){return(new Date).getTime()}function Y(){return false}function Z(){return true}function na(a,b,d){d[0].type=a;return c.event.handle.apply(b,d)}function oa(a){var b,d=[],f=[],e=arguments,
j,i,o,k,n,r;i=c.data(this,"events");if(!(a.liveFired===this||!i||!i.live||a.button&&a.type==="click")){a.liveFired=this;var u=i.live.slice(0);for(k=0;k<u.length;k++){i=u[k];i.origType.replace(O,"")===a.type?f.push(i.selector):u.splice(k--,
1)}j=c(a.target).closest(f,a.currentTarget);n=0;for(r=
j.length;n<r;n++)for(k=0;k<u.length;k++){i=u[k];if(j[n].selector===i.selector){o=j[n].elem;f=null;if(i.preType==="mouseenter"||i.preType==="mouseleave")f=c(a.relatedTarget).closest(i.selector)[0];if(!f||f!==o)d.push({elem:o,
handleObj:i})}}n=0;for(r=d.length;n<r;n++){j=d[n];a.currentTarget=j.elem;a.data=j.handleObj.data;a.handleObj=j.handleObj;if(j.handleObj.origHandler.apply(j.elem,e)===false){b=false;break}}return b}}function pa(a,
b){return"live."+(a&&a!=="*"?a+".":"")+b.replace(/\./g,"`").replace(/ /g,
"&")}function qa(a){return!a||!a.parentNode||a.parentNode.nodeType===11}function ra(a,b){var d=0;b.each(function(){if(this.nodeName===(a[d]&&a[d].nodeName)){var f=c.data(a[d++]),e=c.data(this,f);if(f=f&&f.events){delete e.handle;
e.events={};for(var j in f)for(var i in f[j])c.event.add(this,j,f[j][i],f[j][i].data)}}})}function sa(a,b,d){var f,e,j;b=b&&b[0]?b[0].ownerDocument||b[0]:s;if(a.length===1&&typeof a[0]==="string"&&a[0].length<512&&b===s&&!ta.test(a[0])&&(c.support.checkClone||!ua.test(a[0]))){e=
true;if(j=c.fragments[a[0]])if(j!==1)f=j}if(!f){f=b.createDocumentFragment();c.clean(a,b,f,d)}if(e)c.fragments[a[0]]=j?f:1;return{fragment:f,cacheable:e}}function K(a,b){var d={};c.each(va.concat.apply([],
va.slice(0,b)),function(){d[this]=a});return d}function wa(a){return"scrollTo"in a&&a.document?a:a.nodeType===9?a.defaultView||a.parentWindow:false}var c=function(a,b){return new c.fn.init(a,b)},Ra=A.jQuery,
Sa=A.$,s=A.document,T,Ta=/^[^<]*(<[\w\W]+>)[^>]*$|^#([\w-]+)$/,Ua=/^.[^:#\[\.,]*$/,Va=/\S/,
Wa=/^(\s|\u00A0)+|(\s|\u00A0)+$/g,Xa=/^<(\w+)\s*\/?>(?:<\/\1>)?$/,P=navigator.userAgent,xa=false,Q=[],L,$=Object.prototype.toString,aa=Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty,ba=Array.prototype.push,R=Array.prototype.slice,
ya=Array.prototype.indexOf;c.fn=c.prototype={init:function(a,b){var d,f;if(!a)return this;if(a.nodeType){this.context=this[0]=a;this.length=1;return this}if(a==="body"&&!b){this.context=s;this[0]=s.body;
this.selector="body";this.length=1;return this}if(typeof a==="string")if((d=Ta.exec(a))&&
(d[1]||!b))if(d[1]){f=b?b.ownerDocument||b:s;if(a=Xa.exec(a))if(c.isPlainObject(b)){a=[s.createElement(a[1])];c.fn.attr.call(a,b,true)}else a=[f.createElement(a[1])];else{a=sa([d[1]],[f]);a=(a.cacheable?a.fragment.cloneNode(true):a.fragment).childNodes}

Francis