Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Dashboard requires a run in Dev Studio first

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Dashboard requires a run in Dev Studio first
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I have upgraded from 7.6.0 to 7.6.6 (requires a full reinstall) and now my group view returns a "There are no agents available on reporting server: EDASERVE" error when it attempts to run a report.

Here's the funny thing though -- if I go to Dev Studio and run a report first (which works fine) the dashboard begins to function properly. If I close the dashboard and re-enter, it fails again. It requires a Dev Studio run before it will work properly in dashboard.

Any insight?

J.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
John, is this an upgrade of a server or DS ?

Could your odin file need configuration ??
Could it be pointing to the wrong port ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
WF Client only.

Expert
posted Hide Post
This is pure speculation, but have you checked the WebFOCUS Server console for the number of agents ready?

Workspace > Configuration > Data Services > number_ready

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The agents are ready to go, and they function correctly once Dev Studio has connected. The basics are all in place. For some reason the dashboard (my guess is that it's some setting or variable in IE) does not have sufficient information to run and the error I'm seeing is a red herring.

Very strange.

J.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Can you run the same report from MRE?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Question,

Do do have Dev Studio open when you start the dashboard?

I have seen this problem before when both Dev studio and dashboard are open at the same time (or MRE java app and dashboard).

They appear to be incompatible because of the cookies they set, rewrite and screw up.

The scenario of Opening, closing and opening Dev studio would suggest that this may be the cause.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
John, I think you will find that Waz is correct on this one. I've seen a few upgrades in the last months where the same thing was happening. Open the WF Client admin console, and goto "Reporting Servers/Remote Services", and check the setting for EDASERVE. The host or port could be wrong.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Good question bud -- no, won't run from the MRE applet either. I get the same behavior where it runs once I've run in Dev Studio. That likely takes Dashboard out of the equation. Here's the url created by the java applet:

http://10.140.5.253:8080/ibi_a...9131765976425414135&

Note that this routine was created when the 7.6.0 client was in place.

The entire focexec in MRE is this one line --
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE applicant_startup.fex

This is about as straightforward as it gets . . . unless it's not managing the NT box security . . . it's not challenging me for an ID on the server! That's the heart of it. Dev Studio has a userid set for Client access. It's not serving up a login page.

J.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ok, so I start the Reporting Server with security off and everything runs hot and straight. So the problem is that the 7.6.6 Client is not playing nice with the 7.6.5 Reporting server. This HAS to be a configuration issue. A 7.6.5 server should work just fine with a 7.6.6 Client.

Right?

Expert
posted Hide Post
i've never known anyone to tackle upgrading the client w/o uping the server as well.
I've seen lots of 'other way 'round' b/c client is so hard and server is so easy.
This is one for the recordbooks, John. Gutsy

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Susannah is quite correct.

Client can be lower than a server but should never be higher than a server.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

The Client required a Pre-Prompt setting in the WF_AutoSignon field. All is well now.

Had the error message mentioned security in it somewhere this likely would have taken 30 minutes to fix instead of hours. Lesson learned.

J.