Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     TKTRAP.LOG file gnerated when running IE7 and WF 7.6 (or 7.13) is installed.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
TKTRAP.LOG file gnerated when running IE7 and WF 7.6 (or 7.13) is installed.
 Login/Join

posted
I have WebFOCUS 7.6 installed and have just upgraded to IE7. Now, whenever I open an IE7 session, it will display a few pages and then disappear, leaving a TKTRAP.LOG' file on my desktop.

The contenst of this file are:

tktrap 2780 3676
03/20/2007 20:41

Loading psapi.dll
module name=c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
checking module path against EDAHOME=c:\ibi\devstu~2\srv76\home

.. with the date and time the oly items that change everytime it crashes.

It can't seem to find a 'trigger' for it to crash, as it will happen after 1 page or after 100 pages. Oddly enouh, it NEVER crashes when I'm on the IBI sites! (No yet anyway).

I am not running WebFOCUS 7.6 when this happens, just have it installed. It also happens with WebFOCUS 7.13, so I'm guessing there's some kind of incompatabilit between IE7 and WF 7.

If you search the Web, there are a few others having this problem. All the suggetions to fix it have not yet worked. Does anyone else on this formum have this problem? Does anyone know if IBI has been notified?

Craig

PROD:WebFOCUS 7.6.11 on UNIX accessing FOCUS, Oracle, SQLServer
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.7.1 on UNIX accessing FOCUS, Oracle, SQLServer

Posts: 28 | Location: USA | Registered: March 24, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It happens also with 7.1.3 and IE6.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Craig,

This looks like the reporting server abended, and based on my search, there may be various reasons to this error. To find more, the best channel for assistance would be to submit a new case with Information Builders' Customer Support Services. To do so, you may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access the online system InfoResponse. Here is a list of information to be ready when you call: http://techsupport.ibi.com/before_you_call.jsp.

To expedite the troubleshooting process, you may want to generate a SAVEDIAG trace first. Here are instructions to do so: Using SAVEDIAG in Release 7.1.3 and Above

Hope this helps. Big Grin

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI- If anyone else encounters this problem, in my instance I traced it back to Yahoo Toolbar's yt.dll. I uninstalled and reinstalled the toolbar to get a fresh yt.dll, and IE hasn't crashed since. No more tktrap.logs!
Cheers,
-Gregg

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
XP/Oracle/Essbase/BW
AHTML/PDF/Excel

Posts: 9 | Location: New York City | Registered: January 18, 2008Report This Post