Focal Point
[SOLVED] Location of .fex Files in WebFocus 8.104?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3867023586

January 25, 2017, 07:21 PM
Max Nevill
[SOLVED] Location of .fex Files in WebFocus 8.104?
Hi All. I've got backups and may need to use them - I'm trying to find the root directory in order to replace some .fex files.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFocus 8.104
Windows 7 Entreprise, SP1
January 26, 2017, 08:14 AM
BabakNYC
.fex files can be either in the ibi/apps/ directory or in the Repository. If you right click on the name and look at the Properties, you'll see more details.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
January 26, 2017, 12:22 PM
Max Nevill
quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:
.fex files can be either in the ibi/apps/ directory or in the Repository. If you right click on the name and look at the Properties, you'll see more details.

BabakNYC - that's cheating and far too simple. I need a solution that involves wading through 10 pages of documentation and use a legacy function from 1995.

Joking aside - helpful to a point. In the properties it refers to:

IBFS:/WFC/Repository/....

What is "IBFS" ? I was more hopeful to find something like c:/ibi/....

WebFocus 8.104
Windows 7 Entreprise, SP1
January 26, 2017, 12:53 PM
BabakNYC
That means your .fex is in fact in the repository. However, you ought to be able to see the whole path when you go into properties.

Basically, your report is no longer in a text file on disk, it's placed into a repository which is based on an RDBMS selected at the time WebFOCUS was configured. If you need to look at it in Text Mode, you could right click and Edit with Text Editor. Just remember that if you make changes in the editor, the GUI may not be able to open the .fex anymore and you'll only be able to modify it via editor.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
January 26, 2017, 02:45 PM
Waz
quote:
What is "IBFS" ?

I believe that IBFS means Information Builders File System

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!